Pandora/Shoutcast/Simplify Media all stop playing during night

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blubill, Feb 27, 2009.

1. blubill

blubill Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So I have Simplify Media, Shoutcast and Pandora installed. I also have backgrounder enabled for all three and the screen set to stay on until I manually power it off.

So the problem is this. I dock my iPod in a set of speakers and go to sleep while listening to any of the three and when I wake up it is always stopped and the regular iPod music is opened (not playing)....Any idea why this does this and how to make it stop? When I want the local iPod music to open I will open it myself lol. I want Pandora, Shoutcast or Simplify Media to play until I stop it.

I would understand if it was just Pandora because it stops sometimes to make sure you are still listening, but what about the others?

Any help would be really appreciated. I tried searching but couldn't find anything related.
  2. dscarty

dscarty New Member

What worked for me

in the General/General settings on the iPod Touch I shut off auto-lock. Simplify worked great after that. Found out tho that unless I either turned auto-lock back on later or shutdown the Touch completely the battery would get run down. I guess auto-lock is a way to minimize battery usage. As you know WiFi on the Touch is a battery h0g.
    Your mileage may vary.
    Dennis
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oops I see yours is jailbroken. In that case who knows.