Palm Pre, Your Thoughts.

Discussion in 'HP TouchPad & WebOS Hacks' started by twigster9, Jul 27, 2009.

1. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Honest Opinions Only Please
    Personally I think that the Palm Pre has a chance to be better than the iPhone 3GS/3G/2G by a long shot. What do i mean by that? If Palm gets apps in its App Catalog, WebOS through a few updates (remember how iPhone OS 1.0 was?), and quality issues nailed (remember the cracks in the 3G etc?) than the Pre will surpass the iPhone in my opinion. If you compare the phones side by side and feature by feature the Pre is better. It has true multitasking, seamless flow between apps (you can accesses many things with one or two gesture/taps), synergy (it combines all of your contacts together in one place), and much more. The iPhone is basically a giant app launcher if you think about it. You open one app, close it and open another. This is not how we use are PCs/Macs as it limits are productivty. The iPhone has just been on the market longer and therefore has more app. The iPhone is nothing without its apps, just think about how often you use non-Apple apps. It is a great media player though. This is just my view what yours? And try not to be biased.
  2. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    But you have a 3gs, personally I see all touch screen phones with apps as iPhone copies but that's just me
  3. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    the palm pre is a good phone, in many ways better than the iphone. Its features like the whole deck of cards thing, along with some slick interface tweaks (that bar that you can drag up to launch an app from anywhere is awesome) make it at least on par with the iPhone 3Gs.

The thing that will sell the iPhone for many is its easy usability and tight iTunes integration.

Right now these phones are on par, the pre will never catch up in sales, but it is just as good of a phone.

the iPhone NEEDS a better notification system, and better app launching system, (remember sunburst in the 1.1.4 jailbreak days, where you drag your finger from the bottom left and cycle through all of your apps?) to beat the pre
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    WebOS will be amazing at some point. That's the problem, though: at some point. The iPhone OS has been around and, with the help of the App Store, set itself apart from the mobile OS's that have been available in the past. Palm is just beginning to attempt to catch up, which doesn't bode well. As WebOS is updated, so too will the iPhone OS, keeping ahead of the curve (this is purely conjecture, I can't see the future). I don't expect the Pre to ever reach the iPhone's success because the average cell phone user won't appreciate its features, such as running multiple live applications and the awesome launcher.
  5. elbowgreez

elbowgreez Banned

i actually like it a lot. If I didn't already have my iPhone, I probably would get one. The slide out keyboard is nice *hint hint apple*
  6. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah i have a 3GS as my family just switched to AT&T a few months ago and i know that they wont switch again. All of the new touchscreen phones are influenced by the iPhone. A lot of smartphone OS wouldn't isnt without the iPhone either.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Yeah i dont think it will come near the iPhone's sucess for now. What i think is that feature for feature, side by side, the Pre can compete and possibly win. The iPhone OS is becoming date in my opinion. Its just an app launcher, a big one at that. The iPhone's OS/UI was revoltionary in 2007 but now all of the "big" OS' like Android do what it does but just in a different way. The WebOS foundation is stronger by far because its based on multitasking and seamless "flow" between everything. There just pulling an Apple and have failed to impliment things that almost every phone has.