Paid Appstore apps on installer/cydia

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by hakk79, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Recently my friend and I were talking about the 2.0 Jailbreak on the phone and he told me that he thinks that when the 2.0 jailbreak becomes really popular and stable launches, people will take paid applications and put them on installer/Cydia for direct download.

Is this possible to download paid appstore apps from installer/cydia. Like just tap, download it, and use it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. JonTheAzn

JonTheAzn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I wouldn't doubt it, but of course it would probably be on a smaller repo because I doubt the bigger ones would want to support piracy
  3. rawb

rawb Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Rofl...

That would be just the same as downloading a video game off a *******, when your supposed to buy it... Thus illegal/stealing.

I'm sure they'll be some people around that'll have repo's where you'll be able too.
    Fact remains, it's the same thing as when people had repo's to install roms...
    They were eventually taken down, well most.

So, it's possible - but unless the dev's of those games decided to post it up, or give people perfmission - I doubt it'll last very long.
  4. James11

James11 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'd say its possible.
    I dont see why they couldnt put cracked apps on installer
  5. Distortion

Distortion New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    awesome for us, bad for apple

the title pretty much sums it up that would be freaking awesome to get smb and crash bandicoot
  6. ipodgamez

ipodgamez Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    i think this is possible already and im sure there already are repos that have the games up
  7. rawb

rawb Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I wouldn't mind it, most likely will be.

Still, wouldn't be very fair for the people who decided to buy it, nor fair for the dev's who created it.
  8. myboot

myboot New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    The cracked app store games and applications I have seen so far are packaged exactly like jailbreak apps in a programname.app package. And to install, you SSH into your Ipod and they're simply drug into your Applications folder, you chmod them to 0777 and the respring to see them. So yes, they could be distributed by Cydia or Installer. But I doubt Apple will look the other way if people start doing that. I don't think there's much they can do about people pulling down *******s or whatever. But a centralized distribution of pirated software is another story altogether.
  9. dark_cloud

dark_cloud New Member

im not going to post the source, but i have one on my touch, all it has at the moment is super monkey ball, but with the recent breakthrough in cracks they should probably have almost every app on there soon
  10. rawb

rawb Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I agree with you. They can't really do much about pulling *******s, but eventually something will happen about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.