Pages filled up with apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by richardcav, Dec 14, 2009.

1. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I posted a thread like this a few months ago, and since then my pages are overflowing with apps. Is there a way to choose which apps I want floating around in the dark, and which apps I want grounded on a page? I could probably accomplish this with iTunes on the computer, but I didn't want to go that route.

At one point I was setting restrictions on the Internet and downloading ability. This hid the app store button and safari, giving me a tiny bit of space to work with, but I've added more apps since then.

Hello. My name is Richard, and I'm an appaholic.

To remember all the apps, I catagorize them in Awesome Note with a different background for each catagory. In thumbnail view, I can easily see the apps. I keep them in alphabetic order by preceding the name with a number. It's a long process, but it works for me.
  2. Cydiaia

Cydiaia Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    use categories.
  3. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Anyway...any ideas?
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I'd recommend Stacks v3 over Categories. But if you want to hide some apps and keep other ones, you can use Poof to hide some of them.
  5. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry for the delayed response...Christmas, flu and all. Would I have to jailbreak to use Catagories or Stacks? I do not want to jailbreak right now. I'm gunshy about viruses since it wiped out my computer hard drive. Do NOT want to risk it on my iPod.

I looked for Catagories and Stacks in the app store but didn't see it.

Thx for the responses
  6. Cydiaia

Cydiaia Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    yeah you do need to jailbreak.
  7. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    its only for jailbreak. and you WONT get a virus. period..
  8. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How do you jailbreak? Naw, just kidding.

I'll search the forums for the best route to go and how to do it. Thing is, I can't stop downloading apps. I wasn't kidding when I said I'm an appaholic. Every day I go into the app program and the first thing I check is the updates. I get a rush out of seeing them.

Then I look at the featured, best paid, unpaid, etc. So more pages would give me more apps. It's probably best to leave all alone and enjoy what I have.

Here's my system so far: in Awesome Note I have several pages labeled as catagories- high action games; stragety games; word games; productive apps; research apps; etc. Each one has it's own bg that shows up clearly in thumbnail view. In the catagory pages are listed the appropriate app. These twelve catagories are labeled beginning with a number such as 0001 fast app, 0002 time Wasters, etc.
    THEN I gave each individual app it's own label beginning with it's catagory bg number- 001 need for speed, 002 pocket god, etc. This system keeps catagories at the top, followed by each and every app in it's own group and background. If I'm in the mood for a fast game, I open awese notes, locate the catagory and app, and type it in search. It sounds tedious and confusing, but once I set it up, it's a breeze.

Oh, and I have one more catagory of recent New purchases. I follow it up with adding them to the catagory.

It works better than thumbing through the home pages.

Anyway, I'll look into jailbreaking as an option. This will open up a whole new world of apps I've never seen before.

BTW, there are several year end sales in the app sture. Go check it out!

THANX DUDES!'