Pageonce personal assistant?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Tatsu, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmmm... I just came across an interesting app. This app is called pageonce and allows you to collect and store a lot of your acount info like passwords and stuff and this is all supposedly all for free. They seem to advertise the whole benefit of keeping track of your credit cards and such. I dunno sounds kinda fishy too me even if it is approved to be on the app store.

heres the link: to the itunes page= PageOnce on iTunes

so what do you guys think trustworthy or does something smell like fish?
  2. opsguy

opsguy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was also looking at that app but it does not say anything about the data having any kind of security encryption at all.
  3. RubyJewelStone

RubyJewelStone New Member

Also, it doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the with the various security measures on other sites. It didn't work with my Bank of America or AT&T account.
  4. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

I'm using this app right now. I tried to load my Wachovia info on there and my bank denied this app. . I also add delicious and my msn hotmail. I notice that when it shows my email messages I cannot retrieve the message when I click on the actual message.
  5. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah I put my youtube account on there just because I really didn't want to put my bank info on there and I couldn't click on any of the recommended videos. Also they keep talking about this "military level security". I dunno I thought this would be a free alternative to SplashID but I just have a hard time trusting it frankly.
  6. axmasta

axmasta New Member

I'm not sure about the data sent and recieved by your touch, but i know for sure the web client component of the service is inspected by security firms every year, and they do have a pretty thurough service agreement and privacy policy.

Their site is fully encrypted, and you can find info on their personal info usage policy (which seems pretty tight to me). I went ahead and added my banking info (Thats gonna sound very sketchy, at least atm), but so far, no unauthorized acess or fishy account activity, its been active about the last 3 days.

The app is very impressive, the banking info i get is exactly what I need, and you have the option to specify the type and ammount of info you want on each of your accounts. The company behind the idea seems to be very fresh, it looks just like a fairly large information/financial institution dropped some serious operating power into this and is looking to get a big jump on all the info people will wanna bring down with their touches, now that 3rd parties have their brains in the mix.

Trust it? I don't see why not.
    They've def. covered their legal bases, so they're liable as hell. By the looks of their site, they're not hiding anything.
  7. brisingr

brisingr New Member

this application doesn't work, so you must store everything in your brain. Tha'ts called "military level encryption"