Package File Size Mismatch! (error)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheZeroYear, Oct 14, 2007.

1. TheZeroYear

TheZeroYear New Member

So im finding after rejailbreaking my system that some of the files i could download before come up with the "Package File Size mismatch" error message and i cant download the file.

are these files unavailable for anyone else? or what is going on here?

anyone know?
  2. fecch

fecch New Member

I am getting the same error, but I have jailbroken my phone multiple times now.
    Can someone who has only jailbroken once confirm whether or not they are getting the packet size mismatch error from Installer.app?
  3. starwest82

starwest82 New Member

I jailbroke my touch only once and got the same error when i tried to install weDict. I rebooted the touch and it installed fine afterwards, no error.
  4. fecch

fecch New Member

I was getting the error while trying to install Apollo IM (and some other apps too like MobilePreview). I just rebooted the iPod and tried installing Apollo again. I no longer get the error, but Installer.app hangs trying to download the package.

[Edit]
    I aborted the download by exiting Installer.app. When I went back to the installer and tried to install Apollo one more time, I got the size mismatch error again.

Another weird thing that I've noticed is that the sources list isn't refreshing when I open the installer. Before I screwed up my ipod and had to re-jailbreak, the sources list would refresh every single time without fail.
  5. TheZeroYear

TheZeroYear New Member

well at least its nice to know im not alone with this problem... i think

Please Register or Log in to view images

it would be nice if someone had a compilation of community source applications that could be added to the touch via FTP rather than downloaded through the installer.

[Edit] ... i just tried multiple times to download the files that i couldnt access before.

and apparently it started to work. my guess would be that it could just be a server overflow or something with all the people jailbreaking and rejailbreaking their touch's and iphones and it could just cause the servers to be busy?

just a guess. so try in a couple min./hrs./days if you get that error