Package download failed, need a simple answer

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by 900hwy165, Apr 1, 2008.

1. 900hwy165

900hwy165 New Member

I'm a very simple user of the IpodTouch running 1.1.4. and don't mess around with files on my PC. I'm trying to install packages like Suduko but I get the "Package download failed" error. I've refreshed my sources, cleared the queue. I've installed just a few games and haven't had a problem up until now.

Being a simple user I don't get into file structure, moving files or downloads on the PC. I just want the installer to work on my Touch.

Is there a solution for the simple user?
    Thanks
    t
  2. sambo898

sambo898 New Member

yes, a simple way

1. go to the app you wanna download

2. hold home button for 8 seconds

3. go back and install, it'll work!

hope that worked!
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The repo may be down or you didn't use BossTool to move fonts, ringtones and apps to create room on the ipod.
  4. 900hwy165

900hwy165 New Member

Hummm.

sambo898 - I followed the instructions and it didn't work. It did bring me back to the main 'homepage' of my Touch and then I started the Installer again, tried to installed and got the same error.

jpga13 - I've been trying to install Suduko for the last two weeks. I don't believe Conceited Software has been down, but I don't know. I didn't use BossTools. Is this necessary? I have a touch not an iphone with over 3 gigs of free space and was successful when I installed three other games?
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    That is most definitely your problem! There are two partitions on the iPod and BossTool moves that stuff to create more room for apps and stuff. The total size of the ipod doesn't matter and how much room you have left for songs and such doesn't matter. Your small partition is full! So now you need to cross your fingers, maybe uninstall a couple apps, then install BossTool and move all three of those things and then start again installing apps. Normally that is about the 3 or 4th thing I have a person do when I instruct them on the procedure.
  6. opsguy

opsguy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The 3 gigs of space you have is on your main partition. The second partition which is only 300MB is where the applications install. Apps will install fine until you run out of room on the second partition. That's where "BossTool" comes into play. It will relocate your fonts and applications to the main partition and create symlinks so you have more space to install apps.

And BossTool works very well on the iPod Touch.
  7. 900hwy165

900hwy165 New Member

Wonderful - I will give it a try.
    Thanks
  8. 900hwy165

900hwy165 New Member

OK - so my partition must be totally full. I decided to restore and start over. Now iTunes is stating that the restore failed. How do I restore?
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Why didn't you just move them with BossTool? You need to get it into proper DFU mode first.
  10. 900hwy165

900hwy165 New Member

The BossTool failed to load.