package downlaod error?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jgl1115, Mar 11, 2008.

1. jgl1115

jgl1115 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    when I try to download an app on 1.1.4 (I used ziphone) it says package downlaod error (EDIT! SOMETIMES IT ALSO SAYS 'Main Script Execution Failed')...what am I supposed to do?
  2. jgl1115

jgl1115 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    UPDATE!!, i can install some applications, but some (like Customize and Summerboard) Don't work. and yes, i know i spelt download wrong in the title.
  3. neowiz12

neowiz12 New Member

well search around for the summerboard fix for 1.1.4 and you should find a couple tuts

**saved you the trouble**

or add that source and install the customize fix ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml
    P.S. i havent done that so i dont know if it works
  4. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    or just download the 1.1.4 capability patch that can be found in this source: repo.ispazio.net it will be in 1.1.4 tweaks.
  5. jgl1115

jgl1115 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks you!!
  6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've been having the same problems, jailbroken with ziphone, the funny thing is that I jailbroke my friends ipod using ipodtouchmaster's soft upgrade and the packages download on that. I thought that ziphone was supposed to be way more stable? and I just checked, ispazio's compatibility patch does squat for the stuff that says "Main Script Execution Error" or "Package Download Failed". Dang it, it never lets me download the Symlinks 3 package or the Create iPod Icon, and I love the iPod icon cuz then i can have a 5 icon dock with only 4 icons.
  7. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Also, on an unrelated note, has anyone noticed that after ziphone jailbreaking if you install a package from installer and then try and add a source it never registers the source? It always says that it doesn't exist no matter how many times you type it in. It's a pain because it you forget a source you have to re-jailbreak to get it back.
  8. iguanahotsauce

iguanahotsauce New Member

the same thing is happening to me. It wont let me download alot of programs that I had b4 I upgraded to 1.1.4
  9. ShadowsTouch

ShadowsTouch New Member

im not sure if its the same problem i had but if it is...

1.) Open installer
    2.)Go to Uninstall
    3.)Select Installer
    4.)Click Reinstall
    5.)Restart Your iPod
    6.)Try to download something, see if it works
  10. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    and if reinstalling installer doesn't do it, reinstall bsd subsystem thats usually what i do to fix it when that happens. to reinstall bsd subsystem follow the steps above for installer but do bsd subsystem instead.