P2P Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Touchtacular, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Touchtacular

Touchtacular New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Since 3.0 enables peer-to-peer gaming via BlueTooth, would it be possible to jailbreak an unjailbroken iPod via the P2P transfer method (of course after we get fully unlocked Bluetooth and the jailbreak for 3.0) I was thinking it could be possible for someone to create an app that 'spoofs' the identity of a common application (i.e. Tap Tap or something of that sort) that has P2P BlueTooth gaming support, and instead of sending the data that is normally sent during BT gaming, it remotely jailbreaks the device over Bluetooth. Of course, with jailbreaking requiring DFU and Recovery modes, it would be a difficult task...but the update system for iTunes seems to have changed, since i didn't lose any of my music or apps when i updated to 3.0, and i kept my custom carrier logo and my custom banner. Just a thought to throw around.
  2. hacker2021

hacker2021 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So sort of like a virus?

You could just go around jailbreaking people's iPod if I understand what your saying.
  3. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I highly doubt it is possible.
  4. ssng23

ssng23 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    if this were possible then the dev team wouldnt have to jailbreak your ipod. all they would have to do is give you and ipa file with cydia in it so i dont think this would work.
  5. Gman4354

Gman4354 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Not even close!

He's saying that if someone figured out a method to send data over the Bluetooth on your computer to the Bluetooth on the iPod Touch and somehow install the newly made (jailbroken) software by those means, if it would be possible to implement this in QuickPwn to jailbreak the device in a wireless manner via Bluetooth!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm sure after a long amount of peaking into some code, decrypting some encrypted info here and there, and writing some code it may be possible, but I don't think it will ever be pursued!

To answer your other question: "... You could just go around jailbreaking people's iPod..." No! even if you were walking around with a MacBook trying to connect to other peoples bluetooth on their iPod, when you try to connect it would most likely show a dialog asking whether to allow that device (being the MacBook) to connect to the iPod!

On the other hand it is a very good concept and would be pretty neat, although like I said it most likely won't happen!

6. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I highly doubt that this would ever happen.
  7. Lase

Lase New Member

You also have to understand that the actual implementation of bluetooth in the 3.0 firmware for the touch 2g is that it's very limited in what it can do (i.e, I believe so far it can only connect to headsets, etc).

Implementing all the other classes of bluetooth is a completely different monster in itself which would require intensive knowledge of bluetooth protocol and the actual bluetooth chip in the touch.
  8. FluffyofDoom

FluffyofDoom Member

um i think your all wrong (correct me if i'm wrong)

i think he is saying if you jailbreak a i pod touch 2g and create a program that uses obex transfer (whenever it gets fully unlocked)than u can jailbreak another friends i pod only using your i pod's bluetooth...

ex:

you:hey let me jailbreak your ipod.

friend:dont you need a computer?

you:nah just turn on your bluetooth and ill use a special app that uses this bluetooth and sends the jailbreaking files needed to jailbreak your ipod and your done
  9. imnotjedi

imnotjedi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its a great idea
    but wouldnt the peers ipod need to be jailbroken to receive files from bluetooth?
  10. Touchtacular

Touchtacular New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's where the Peer to peer gaming comes in, it is, in essence, very limited OBEX support. I was thinking we just find a hole in the security that prevents apps from accessing the entire filesystem of the ipod, and somehow emulate DFU and recovery modes. And I do mean jailbreaking an iPod wirelessly via BlueTooth by way of an already jailbroken iPod, although a wireless jailbreak or a wireless sync via BlueTooth would be pretty bad@ss too.