P2P app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by FregoS, Dec 31, 2007.

1. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Wouldn't it be "easy" to do a p2p for ipod?
    I mean like a program that a updates when someone logs in? It adds the the files to a list, that is hosted by someone using the program. It would automatically only update the music files to the downloadable list.
    It should be easy once we/you/me figure out what to do to it. I mean, it's just an idea still. But some how it seems to be "do-able" even with my skills, if i use the all mighty Google

1. Create a list to the first one that logins
    2. Other guy logs in
    3. He loads the list to his ipod also
    4. Now we have the list
    5. The third guy logs in, sees a song he likes and D/Ls it
    6. The first guy logs out, but the list isn't lost, there is a daemon thats allways on
    7. Thru settings, it would be controllable

It's just been an idea i have played with in my mind. Any one with more knowledge than me could kill this idea. Please, do it if you can, if it isn't possible, tell me, it might be workable

-Jack Q
  2. hardaysknight

hardaysknight New Member

couldn't you just create a source and upload files to it and use the installer as a p2p app?
  3. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    That wouldn't be quite P2P, and if gaught, it has a much smaller possibility to come back. Google up P2P... not quite the same thing you are suggesting.

P2P is peer to peer so if you would have to upload em to a different server... maybe if you'd php it... so that you couldn't upload files to it... but people wouldn't bother i believe.

The idea is that it would share the files automatically, when clicked on the link, it would go to the ipods IP and then it would D/L it.

So what i am going after is not that you would have to upload... you would automatically be transformed in to a server and you could also download.

Kinda the same thing as tap tap rev, you can download and upload the tap files. But what we/me are going after, is to do it with mp3. BUUT... tap tap rev uses a server, we don't want a server, we want P2P.

If you have managed to not get bored reading this and have read this far, gratz!

-Jack Q
  4. derryj3

derryj3 New Member

I like both ideas because I don't have readily access to a computer and its a b*tch t I get songs
  5. steeped

steeped New Member

6. hardaysknight

hardaysknight New Member

nvm

I know what p2p is I use it i just figured that making a source what be a lot easier than creating a whole new app but p2p would be safer
  7. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well... not exactly what i meant

(P2P like limewire, not *******)
    But that shall do, if that ever finishes there shall be no reason for a P2P since of piratebay and that app
  8. YoMattSta

YoMattSta New Member

There is an app in the i-app-a-day source that only shares your background pic. Maybe it could be modded?
  9. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah...
    You could contact IAAD( i made it up

Please Register or Log in to view images

) 's maker and ask if he gives permission to do it and the source.

OR

As he is a great guru, in doing useless applications for iphone/iTouch he could make one for us...

BUT

i think that app uses a server, so it's not truly P2P
  10. AssLikeThat

AssLikeThat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch