Owned674's support thread - libUSB answers, and other answers.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by owned674, Feb 2, 2009.

1. owned674

owned674 New Member

Hey there. I've noticed THE OUTRAGEOUS amount of LibUSB questions and other questions, so I made my own support thread.

LIBUSB - VISTA USERS: For all you people who have their USB ports shut down because of libUSB, MAKE SURE YOU RUN IT IN COMPATIBILITY MODE! To do so, right-click the setup and go to properties and look for compatibility. Run it in Compatibility mode for Windows XP.

IRECOVERY NOT RUNNING: Download the C++ Redistributable Package from Microsoft, and install it. Search for it, it's easy to find a link to a Microsoft download here.

OTHER PROBLEMS I'VE NOTICED: Problems with No iPod/iPhone found, and problems with errors 1604 and such. I've got not much time left on the PC tonight so I'm going to update this section in the morning. IF YOU HAVE AN ANSWER TO A PROBLEM, POST IT HERE. I'll edit into the first post and give you full credit. ;D
  2. besthijacker

besthijacker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Libusb does NOT WORK ON VISTA x64

Please people, you need to specify what kind of windows are you running...

Libusb will only work under 32-bit Environment
  3. WhightKnight

WhightKnight Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. WhiteNova

WhiteNova New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hey. so i jailbroke my ipod and then stupidly went and tried to restore from backup. now it just comes up as an unrecognized device in windows. any suggestions?
  5. Wildhardt

Wildhardt New Member

Need to get windows to detect my iPod.
    Not as a unrecognizable usb device.
  6. crazyfred02

crazyfred02 New Member

Here is my problem:

I have installed libUSB. I am putting my ipod correctly in DFU mode however windows is not detecting it properly. I plug it in and it sees it as usb device (not DFU mode)
    I have tried rebooting and reinstalling libUSB, however nothing seems to work!
    I have held the buttons for 10 and 8 seconds respectively. My screen turns black.

Any ideas?
  7. Gr4v1ty

Gr4v1ty Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've got the same problem...I managed to get JB and make it work...But now it bugged and I neeeded it to be restarted...Now It won't work...

I want it to works...Cause if not...I don't know how to restart...all!
  8. mcmastafeev2

mcmastafeev2 New Member

my ipod is stuck on the apple screen..and then it turns off like 5minutes later...keeps doin this...im using the rebooter and it looks like its gonna work and then it gets stuck on the apple logo...any solution?
  9. charlieiscool12

charlieiscool12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    unknown error 13?
  10. Masterx1234

Masterx1234 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    im having the same problem as mcmastafeev2 and i cant get it to go past the apple logo please help dude