OWA in Safari (Outlook Web Access)

Discussion in 'iPod touch in the Enterprise' started by ph2t, Feb 16, 2008.

1. ph2t

ph2t New Member

Does anyone have issues when trying to connect to an Outlook Web Email sever? when connecting to mine at work it prompts for the login/pass which I enter then it just stops....

Anyone else using Outlook Web Access on Exchange server ok? Would be interested to know.

cheers,

ph2t.
  2. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im sorry but i dont use it. but may i recommend just setting up an email account in mail.app on ure touch. It doesnt delete ure emails like cruddy outlook does and its much easier. or you could simply just go to watever email site it is that ure using.
    gl
  3. fraggle768

fraggle768 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Had the same problem too. Unfortunately I've never checked the exchange access log to figure out what the problem is.
    I've enabled IMAP in the exchange server and now work with the mail.app.
  4. ph2t

ph2t New Member

Thanks for the reponses fellas. I know how to use that mail app thanks. This is a specific thing I'm looking into. It may have to do with the authentication methods in IIS. Gotta look into it more.

I think I'll install safari for windows on my machine at work and try to replicate the problem.

ph2t.
  5. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ph2t - have you tried putting your domain suffix after your user name as your ipod/iphone will not be on the domain, e.g i use stuartw@net-ctrl.local to authenticate
  6. ph2t

ph2t New Member

hey Stuartw, thanks for the tip mate. I will try it out. I know where you're comming from, having to detail the exact AD domain the user account sits in is needed for us anyway. We have 2 domains within our AD forest that users can authenticate in. Either way (DOMAIN\user or user@DOMAIN.fqdn) doesn't seem to work.

I installed the Safari browser for windows on my domain member PC at work and still get the same hangup. It prompts you for user account details then just sits there.

I think I'll do more testing with the PC Safari and try and work it out. It's got to be something to do with the authentication methods used.

Please Register or Log in to view images

And so it continues......
  7. veresov5454

veresov5454 New Member

OWA Hangs Up on iTouch and iPhone

You have to enable forms instead of using NTLM
  8. ph2t

ph2t New Member

hey there, thanks for the reply! Is enabling forms just an option I turn on in exchange? will have to look through the doco.....

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. sjosephson

sjosephson New Member

I'm having the same problem. I've tried all the suggestions here and spent an hour on the phone with Apple. Still can't connect with my work email that uses Outlook Web Access. For security reasons my employer won't allow connections using the standard mail set up like smtp and pop, etc. Anyone else have a suggestion? Thanks.
  10. ph2t

ph2t New Member

Firmware 2.0 fixes this problem...

After prompting for the user/pass safari now goes through and logs in no sweat!

VERY BLOODY HAPPY!