[Overview] Modern Combat:Sandstorm

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by luigihasagreenhat472, Sep 2, 2009.

1. I can't figure out how to add screens, so if a mod could add some, that would be great.

That's right, Modern Combat:Sandstorm is finally here!

When you first open up the app, you are greeted with a very nice looking main menu. In the bottom left corner there is a button to access the settings, which can change the language,controls,sounds, as well as advanced options,which included toggles for aim assist, auto grenade, blood,lefty mode,and to flip the screen. You can also choose a playlist to play during the game.

In the main screen when you first open the game, you are given the Option New Game. Once you start playing, Continue and Select Level become available. When you press new game, you are given four Difficulty Options:Easy,Medium,Hard,and Extreme, which is locked at first.

The game will start you off with a Training Mode, in which you'll learn the basic controls, as well shoot some targets.

Controls: You have three control types. The default one has you dragging your finger to aim, and then using a joystick to move and a button to shoot, much like BIA. There is also a screen tap mode, which is pretty much the same as the default, but you aim and shoot with the same button. Actually, the buttons are invisible, but they're in the same area (Aim and Shoot). Last is Virtual Sticks, in which you have two joysticks, one for moving and one for aiming. You shoot by tapping the screen. Personally, I prefer the Default Controls.

Gameplay
    The gameplay is outstanding. You can really tell Gameloft put a lot of effort into this. The controls respond great, and it seems very realistic.

Graphics: The graphics are outstanding for an ipod touch game. Gameloft did a great job.

Online: For now, there is no online mode, but Gameloft stated on their twitter that online mode would be available in a future update.

So, summing it up
    Controls-10/10
    Gameplay-10/10
    Graphics-10/10
    Online-Not here yet

Overall I give it a full 10/10. It is an outstanding game. Definitely check it out. Available in the App Store for $6.99.
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

It got released like 2 hours ago, and we got a review. It's gonna take me two hours to download it!
  3. Germany

Germany Banned

How can you do a review without thoroughly testing an app? I'm not sure that I can take my word for it. Sorry :S
  4. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Could you get screenies? I really want to see them.
  5. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

When'd he say that?
  6. I don't know how to add screen shots. Sorry.
  7. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I agree. Length, Variation, and Polish of Level Design are very crucial to justify one's purchase. I'd give it an 8/10 for now.
  8. The_Pirate

The_Pirate Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I would agree it's amazing and fun
  9. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Feels like a pimped Gallery Shooter. It's basically BIA v1.5 in First Person.
  10. IamTheWalrus

IamTheWalrus New Member

What the hell. That was fast. xD
    Now I can't write a review of it. D: