iOS 4.0 Overheating

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ttyler333, Aug 3, 2010.

1. ttyler333

ttyler333 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I previously had a 16gb ipod 2nd gen that over heated and broke. Apple would not fix it because it had a dent. Today i woke up turned my new ipod that i've had for less than 3 months on. IT heated up so fast, it was even hotter than my other ipod was. Does that mean its probably gonna stop working too? What should i do ?
  2. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think something in your ipod must be dislodged and could be creating problems while touching the battery. (Just a theory)

If you really still want to use it maybe take it to a third-party vendor and ask if they can repair it for you. But expect an expensive bill.
  3. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Yes, try a local mobile/cell phone repair shop - they often repair other devices such as iPod touches, Nintendo DSs etc
  4. IpodTouch10

IpodTouch10 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My ipod has been getting really hot lately
  5. ttyler333

ttyler333 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    that sucks though, like i said its still practically new. No scratches, never been dropped. When i got it i went to italy for a week so actually its used less than 2 months.

Uses for the ipod: 10/10
    Quality of the product 6/10 (if i have gone through 2 already pretty much. my first one lasted almost 2 years.
  6. fly1ngguitar

fly1ngguitar Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That isn't normal. Take it to apple, but if you're jailbroken, restore first.