Overclocking you ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jimboo, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Jimboo

Jimboo Member

Device:
    iPad
    Since you've gotten ur iPad, I'm sure that you have been wondering if you can overclock it? Well even if you weren't,I was and I found out how

First ur iPad must be jail broken(I suggest spirit jailbreak, google it)

Then once u have cydia installed on ur device, go over to search and look up "iFile" and install it

Once installed, go to ur apps and open it up.( I would click on the 2x in the bottom corner to enlarge it because the iPad is being emulated as an iPhone app, or just install Fullforce tweak )

Now here is where you must must must not screw up unless you want to f up ur iPad(I'm not reel sure though, just be cautious)

Go to system/library/systemconfiguation/powermangment.bundle

Once there look for the file name "com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist"

You then need to change it and make it say "SystemPowerProfileDefaultsBACKUP.plist"

Note:BACKUP must be in all caps

Suggestion: just copy the file name from this post

Once the name is changed, press done on the keyboard and press the home button

Turn off and reboot, and ur iPad is overclocked...the speed in which it works now I am not sure of

Enjoy
  2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Any proof this works?
  3. Jimboo

Jimboo Member

Device:
    iPad
    Not as of yet, ive done it on and off a few times, and I believe I see a slight difference in speed for the good with the file name change, but then again, it just might be my high hopes

As soon as I have concrete evidence, I'll be sure to post it(I'm hoping that that will be sometime tonight)
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    it doesn't need to be in all caps, i could put jmwerkus insteadof backup and it would still overclock it.
  5. Jimboo

Jimboo Member

Device:
    iPad
    It is a lot easier to find things in all caps and change them if you wanted to go back to the old speed, that's the reason for the caps
  6. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    How can u overclock why changing file name? when no one can do this on iPhone :s
  7. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I'm just saying that it doesn't matter what you do with it, I coulod delete it if I wanted and It would still overclock.
  8. Jimboo

Jimboo Member

Device:
    iPad
    Ps. I'm no genius with jail broken devices, I've only just began fiddling around, so if I'm wrong in anything that I've said, let me kno and I'll edit, but I'm pretty sure that all that I have said is up to par
  9. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It works on iPhone too.
  10. Jimboo

Jimboo Member

Device:
    iPad
    U can do this on the iPhone, this is where the idea came from