Overclocking the 9400m.

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by gojohnnyboi, Nov 29, 2009.

1. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

I saw that Nvidia actually provides a Windows tool called Nvidia system tools, which allows for not only monitoring your GPU, but overclocking it. I have a MacBook Pro(mid-2009) 13.3", and I was wondering if I should increase the speed on the GPU a bit, and if so, to what value? I've read 580MHz, but I'm not sure that is the best for my laptop.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, since I will be enabling this via a Boot Camp partition, will it still be in effect when I reboot into Mac OS X?
  2. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I would not recommend overclocking. The MacBook's cooling is already inefficient as it is, and I think that pushing it too far will just cook it.
  3. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

I have software installed that allows me to control the speed of the fans, thus allowing me to improve cooling.
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What do you need to OC it for? What game are you trying to play? I really recommend you not OC. Its a pretty good GPU as it is already.
  5. KevN

KevN Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    If you are controlling it, and the GPU needs more power, the fan speeds will work at max capacity, only way you'd be able to control the fans would be to lower them?
  6. sbdxaric

sbdxaric Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    its not worth it, listen to #2