Overall, is it ready?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by skaman34, Feb 17, 2008.

1. skaman34

skaman34 New Member

just wondering if, overall, the 1.1.3. jailbreak is ready for compatibility with most apps. I jailbroke my touch earlier to 1.1.3., but was un happy because a lot of apps wouldn't work. Just wondering if most have been fixed to work with 1.1.3 and whether the 1.1.1. to 1.1.3. jailbreak method will work (it's through installer). Sorry if this has already been posted, i looked but couldn't find anything general enough. Main apps: sketches, nes, gbsphone, ttr, iphysics, tetromino, contra sense, labyrithe, marble, evolution Rbg, fractalicious, beatphone (gracia version), categroies, books, wedict, MAcalc, iradio, apollo, yeti 3d. I know its a long list, and believe me thats not all of them, but i need most of those to work in order for me to be persuaded to jailbreak 1.1.3.

and should i restore before to 1.1.1. before to wipe the memory of all those apps or will the jailbreak erase all old application data?

Thanks.
  2. haxdiphone

haxdiphone New Member

Um, search? Hell, how about reading the latest post on this forum before this one for a fix for apollo... And the sticky above that telling you how to fix these other apps you listed?
  3. skaman34

skaman34 New Member

This really wasn't helpful, to make it a bit simplier was it worth jailbreaking 1.1.3.?
  4. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

no i would wait for 1.1.4 and dev teams jail brake
    i'm sick of this soft upgrade bullsh*t
  5. nclaxmiddy11

nclaxmiddy11 Active Member

Well originally the 1.1.3 jailbreak had a lot of down sides. The summerboard wasnt working, you couldnt get the capabilities of customize but that was (in my opinion) because it was a soft upgrade not a full jailbreak. The Dev Team had made a full jailbreak ready to come out after the sdk but ziphone made a full one. Now I'm not exactly sure how amazing it is yet but give it a try. Also only go to 1.1.3 if you are in LOVE with the wiggly icons; other than that it is a waste in my opinion. And eventually someone will make a app that will have the wiggly funtion so yeah.
  6. full1

full1 New Member

cant you just use ziphone
  7. skaman34

skaman34 New Member

great thanks!
  8. Shortyman801

Shortyman801 New Member

I heard that Ziphone doesn't work on certain touches.
  9. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    still cranky. Some people have great success, others trouble, even with ziPhone (which is an IPHONE image, and works best with 8GB touches, less so with 16GB.)

Most of the apps are working, but you may still need to hunt down various tweaks and fixes.

I'm still on 1.1.3, and loving it, but your mileage may vary.