Overall happiness with jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jcmoney1010, Oct 20, 2007.

1. jcmoney1010

jcmoney1010 New Member

ive been thinkin about jailbreaking my touch all week, but have been really gunshy....i wanted to get a feel from all of u ....does it generally work?...i see alot of people complaining about stuff going wrong...but then again i see alot of people who have gotten it to work perfectly....i cant decide whether to wait for apple to do its release of apps or go ahead and jailbreak....i kinda just wanted to see what everyone else though.

p.s ive heard some people talk about how the restore doesnt completely restore the ipod.....is this true...will it complete reset it to its original settings?
  2. punisherawr

punisherawr New Member

i've had a great time with my jailbroken ipod. a lot of people on here that complain about something not working either didnt follow the directions correctly or are just overly worried.

if you like to take small risks, know how to use an ftp client, and arent afraid to restore your ipod in the event something happens, then go for it.

i suggest reading the ultimate guide (sticky) and see if you understand all the steps involved. if you do, then i'd give it a try if i were you. good luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. twerk

twerk New Member

i did it last night

touch free 0.6 works amazingly and REALLY EASY to follow just install the touchfree-setup.exe
    and run the program
    follow the on screen instructions

im happy at the moment
    but im sure ill do something wrong
    im backing up my ipod just incase --before iphone app install

core animation suffers a little
    -- not always tho
  4. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have done it manually and with touch-free and let me tell ya, My ipod could never have been this fun. I now have a 16GB PDA/media player, fully customized.

5. awperk

awperk New Member

i couldn't be happier that i chose to jailbreak, it is one of the most satisfying hacks i've ever done. i bought the touch with intentions of having a new video ipod...it's been two weeks and i've realized how amazing the touch is and with the jailbreak and apps i've pretty much forgotten about my palm that i used daily.
  6. killerkid13

killerkid13 New Member

jailbreaking your ipod is the best, its like finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

7. Thomas.Closs

Thomas.Closs New Member

i was apprehensive at first and i had messed up and i had to restore and in all honesty the basic ipod isnt as fun
  8. flash84x

flash84x New Member

i would never go back, willingly
  9. jcmoney1010

jcmoney1010 New Member

ugh im in the middle of doing it now and it keeps getting stuck on step 1...it says go to the site...and then click on the step 2 bar...i do...and it freazes on my computer....any ideas????

nevermind.....i didnt have it plugged in...i feel dumb lol
  10. 02 turbo

02 turbo New Member

I would never change it back to its original state.

Before the touch, I had never used an FTP or "hacked" to such a large extent. I just followed the steps on here and watched ipodtouchmasters youtube videos.

So far i have broken out of jail, enabled multi screen with SMBPrefs, changed to a new theme with SMBPrefs, modified Customize so that it works on the touch, reordered my icons with Customize, changed the "slide to ....." texts, installed NES Roms and installed Iphone apps.

Everything works perfectly and better yet, my friends who have their plain old Iphones are jealous.