over 20000 files in my desktop!

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by dwonder3, Apr 5, 2008.

1. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well i was extracting some fonts i just got and something very weird happened it was taking for ever so i stoped it. My desktop was acting funny slow and freezing and a ton of files!

So i go my desktop in windows explorer and it says i have over 2000 files (2362 to be exact)

I stoped the exctracting while 15% through think how many files there would be if i went all the way!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. eng

eng New Member

Device:
    iPad
    That is madness, my computer would actually implode with that many icons......
  3. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq New Member

They could be in folders, so he could just have 3 icons on his desktop theoretically

Things you should do - delete all the files you just extracted and extract them somewhere else

Using your desktop as your file organizer/manager isn't always the best thing to do - be sure to delete stuff you are done with (installation programs, already watched shows, already backedup stuff, etc)
  4. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah i always do that, Firefox just downloads the stuff there, and i dont feel like changing it.
    It wasnt supposed to have 20000 files in it (it was a font I was extracting)
  5. TheAsianJedi

TheAsianJedi Banned

good for you!!!!
  6. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow. Ive had my desktop filled before, actually its almost filled now. But 20,000, thats a lot!

7. noobishipodkid3434

noobishipodkid3434 Banned

There are ways a batch file could do this, but I think you'd know if you were running it. Unless...nevermind. *shifty*

Time to go through some mass-deletion.