Outer frame around screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 360freak, Oct 15, 2009.

  1. 360freak

    360freak New Member

    Mar 2, 2008
    Likes Received:
    iPod touch
    What's that called? On the first gen, surrounding the glass display - it's metallic and painted black. Is that connected to the glass/digitizer thing?

    I wanted to know since I was going replace some of the cosmetic parts that have been scratched up on my ipod. The backplate is awful, and so is the frame part I mentioned from an accidental drop. If it's connected to the entire front which goes for about $70 on repair sites, then I'll forget about it and just order a backplate.

Share This Page