Out of all ipod products? Why?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eKoKnight, Mar 24, 2009.

1. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

I know there so many ipods. But what Id like to know personally what made you get a ipod touch or iphone? Me well I was a zune owner of a 4gb. And I didnt like its little features it hade. And the maketplace sucked really bad. That and I didnt like the gui of it rather bla for my taste. So when I first saw the ipod touch, i was looking at the other ones. ipod nano. and ipod classic, and of course the ipod touch. Oh how my mouth was waterying and my eyes were like popping out. Seriously they were. Once I put my hands on the ipod touch. I knew it what I wanted. So after 7 months went by I finally got my own. And I enjoy it every day. Ya its a 8gb but I dont download tons of songs everyday. more like every few months I'll download a song that I may hear on the radio I like. So what made you guys by an ipod touch or if you have more then just that product....
  2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i'd never owned any Apple stuff or decent mobile phones or electronic gadgets up until a year and a half or so even though i've always worked in a technical environment with computers.

Then in Dec '07 me and a mate browsed through the Apple site and saw the new Touch. At that point i didn't know what it was really, but it looked too damn sexy to ignore, so judging a book by it's cover i ordered an 8 gig 1st gen. dont listen to music much, so previous listening devices never interested me.

Best thing i ever did. I never liked it in it's JB state (just not my cup of tea), so when the App Store came about it really opened up the device to me and now i use it on an hourly bases (almost) as a personal diary/organiser, internet browser and gaming device. (dont listen to music or watch movies). Also, i'm a 3d computer graphic artist (mainly in architecture) so the iPod Touch is such a great gimmik and device to download animations and presentations to when i go to client meetings. They love it, what a selling tool

Please Register or Log in to view images

I dont want an iphone because i dont use the phone hardly any, and besides, compared to the Touch it looks fugly.

The only thing i want in my Touch now is mobile tinternet, and who knows, Apple might one day open up the docking slot to 3rd party apps like web dongles or something.
    But i'm excited about the future of Apple gadgets. The new tablets look awesome and even news of the new Touch might tempt me for another impulse buy

Luckily for my i'm not a school kid so costs dont concern me in the same way as youngsters on allowances or pocket money

3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I bought mine duty free from Heathrow airport as soon as they were released. Why? Because it was a quantum leap in melding the MP3 player with a mobile computer and the possibilities seemed endless. I loved it so much I got myself an iPhone 3G as I only wanted to carry around device in my pocket.

Apple, run by designers backed by Engineers vs Google, run by engineers backed by designers. In life the risk takers generally prosper!
  4. Tourniquet.

Tourniquet. Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I already had a Ipod Video 5G, it was a really nice ipod, had it for almost 2 years. but then i wanted something new, something great. and i heard the new iPod Touch 2G was out! so I sold my old ipod to my brother and bought a new iPod Touch in the apple store 4 min from my house, Lol..
  5. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I was using an iPod nano 3G (8GB model) for a year-plus and wanted to go for something more advanced and feature-packed... When I found out about the 2G iPod touch and its lower price (compared with the 1G, and with more features), I decided to part with my money and purchase one...

Till today, I have no regrets buying that touch... Other than being a great entertainment device, the iPod has replaced my old Palm Zire for work use... The touch is very handy for appointment scheduling and contacts list (can be sync with Outlook, a great help!) and even stuff like Internet access, YouTube, weather, stock track, as well as purchasing apps direct from the App Store...

As for the Zire and nano, both are still with me and are kept in a drawer... I should be letting my gf have the nano, in addition to her own 4GB one, for the extra memory!

6. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

I use my ipod touch just about for everything except for watching movies. But I do have my contacts in it in case I need to get a hold of a number an stuff.

So its a really great device to have when you on the go.

7. Valgua

Valgua New Member

Well, I come from Italy but I am currently living in New York as a visiting scholar. My apartment has no TV and I didn't want to buy one, mainly because of the hassle to resell it. I decided then to buy a touch to watch movies on it and it works very well! My previous ipod (nano 3g) has video features but the screen, as you know, is very small. I finally bought my touch two days ago. I have now discovered a lot of features that I love, including reading books and keeping my photos in order.
  8. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

oh ya it ca do alof of things for you my friend

alot and it is a great device. I wonder how apple is going to smack bill windows mobile out of the water. Since bill gates doesnt seem to get it....
  9. Imitation

Imitation New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I came from an iPod Nano 2GB 1st Gen. I wanted a cool iPod and the touch floats my boat.
  10. rcfreak339

rcfreak339 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It's a long story on how i got mine.....In the summer of 2004 I got the original Nintendo DS, I loved it and setteld with a 512mb RCA mp3, A kid down the street also had a Nintendo DS but his broke in the summer of 05 but by then he had the iPod Nano 2g.....I got a PSP and never played my DS so I decided to sell it but when I heard the kid got the 3g iPod nano I Wonderd if he would trade his old iPod Nano for my DS, He did! So there I was with a Silver iPod Nano 2g and boy did I treat that thing like crap, I threw it around and all sorts of things until I found a crack in the screen, I was like whatever but that night I accidentally washed it in the washer and broke 4 years after coming out of the box and I was very satisfied with how long the product lasted. I then decided why not try a Zune? I got a bulky 30gb Zune and loved it! But I'll be damned 1 week after I dropped it on a carpeted floor and wouldn't sync anymore, on top of that there Customer Service sucked! I finally said screw it and so I got a iPod Touch!