iPhone 3GS Otterbox Impact for iPhone 3G/3GS Review

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alok, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When you think Otterbox, you think Defender. Many people are not even aware of Otterbox's other cases, like the impact and the new commuter.

So I decided to check out one of the Impact cases, in white. (The case is available in both black and white.)

Please Register or Log in to view images

First of all, when I received it, I found the squeegee and screen protector a great addition to the case, especially since it's only $20 on their website. The silicone used in the case is very soft, and I love how it will provide my 3GS not only great protection, but great looks as well!

(Since the Defender was all over protection rather than looks)

I admit, it will not provide the same amount of protection that the defender does, but it does the job perfect, nevertheless! (In my case) Of course, if you drop your iPhone from great heights quite often, you should go for the Defender. I went with Impact because I do not drop my iPhone often, and even if I do, I'm sure the impact can handle it.

The cutouts are perfect, and they even have one for the 3 light sensors on the iPhone! The impact also has a cutout for the apple logo, but what I found lacking was the fact that it did not include a screen shield, leaving it vulernable to scratches/dust/etc.

It completely covers your device, even the home button. This is another big plus to this case

Overall, the good definitely outweighs the bad, and I highly recommend this case.

One more thing that you may want to know that it IS a lint magnet. But hey, What can you expect? It's a silicone case.

All in All, I'd have to say I love this case. The price is very reasonable as well, and all these factors easily make the Otterbox Impact one of my favorite cases!
  2. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. Korea

Korea Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nice review! But I suggest adding in a grade 0.x-9.x

And honestly, I prefer my Otterbox Defender for my iPod Touch! Love that baby powder haha
  4. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmmm okay, will do, thanks