Otterbox defender or armor series case?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aSiLeNtPeNgUiN, Mar 15, 2009.

1. aSiLeNtPeNgUiN

aSiLeNtPeNgUiN New Member

i would like to buy a very good case for iPod touch. i was looking at the cases that otterbox makes and the ones that really caught my eye was the defender and the armor cases. i saw that the armor case was big and bulky but also waterproof. the defender was a lot smaller than the armor but i dont think its waterproof (correct me i if im wrong.) is the armor case really that much bigger than the actual ipod itself? I just dont want anything to happen to my baby

Please Register or Log in to view images

so which one should i get?

Also, money isn't a option so feel free to give me names of better cases.
  2. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    If you took care of your 'baby' you wouldn't need as waterproof case now would you
  3. aSiLeNtPeNgUiN

• Immature or obscene comments
    get the dick out of your ass and fondle your dog and get off the forums. i dont care for dumbass opinions.
  4. john_van1

john_van1 Banned

hahaha,

Otterbox is a really good case, I've used it for a while now! Thing is, its still quite bulky. Do you like bulky though? I think after a while you tend to want to slim down. I'm interchanging between otterbox and powersupport airjacket
  5. aSiLeNtPeNgUiN

ya, thats what has kept me from getting the armor case. it looks really bulky. but i mean, if its that bulky it should me able from protect my ipod from almost anything. but i like the defender case better because it looks alot better, but i also want it to me water proof,so... i dont know.
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

There are no waterproof cases which AREN'T bulky - just splash-resistant, as the Defender is. Most of the waterproof cases get that way by being big enough to have enough seals to avoid soaking the iPod, along with headphone jacks that are sealed against water, which have an internal jack that plugs into the iPod.

And yes, the Armor's quite a big beast - per the official site, it's six inches long by 3.2 inches wide and 0.76 inches thick... and that's the revised version for the 2G. It triples the thickness and adds an inch to the top and bottom... which, size-wise, makes it equivalent to 330-page paperback novel. Try putting THAT in a jeans pocket.
  7. aSiLeNtPeNgUiN

just say i get the defender series and i put my ipod in it. if i drop it in the toilet then pick it back out with it only being in the water for like 2 sec. would it keep the water out good enough not to do enough damage to ruin my ipod?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    or a bathtub. whatever has lots of water in it.