Otterbox cases

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jufjufjuf, Jan 31, 2008.

?

Are you saticsfied with your Otterbox?

1. I have bought one and very happy I did!

50.0%
  2. I have bought one but do not see the happieness I sought when I bought it...

20.0%
  3. I've never seen it before!

30.0%
  1. jufjufjuf

jufjufjuf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    delete please
  2. saysay

saysay New Member

That case is NOT waterproof. Only the armor series is water/dust/sand/dirt/drop proof although the defender series looks very good from the pictures for a heavy-duty case. I wouldn't mind the poll if I were you. They're probably people who don't have it who think it doesn't look good (I could be wrong).
  3. KalleKanin

KalleKanin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's a bit odd to me that everybody always criticizes the Otterboxes for not being waterproof. (I don't mean you, saysay. You merely point it out without attacking the case). Nobody mentions that none of the other cases that exist are waterproof.

I have an Otterbox Defender which was a very good purchase indeed. It is lovely. People have even pointed it out when I take it out.

The first thing I did was to give the built in screen cover a little push with my index finger, which loosened it. No need to have that nonsense over the screen. I have an invisible crystal type film, which is nonsense too really.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The tall edges makes typing and using the volume control more difficult. But it doesn't matter to me. The iPod is very well protected now against falls. And it looks better and is easier to hold on to with medium/large male hands.

This case has no belt clip or place to fasten a neck strap, which may be an issue for some people. Me, I live in Norway so I always have a jacket on.