Other Than iTunes

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SimonTheSnowman, Feb 15, 2008.

1. SimonTheSnowman

SimonTheSnowman Active Member

What can i use to sync videos or music to my iPod?

heres a little background thing..

well.. uhm, my iTunes has this weird sync problem where when i try to sync something, sometimes, after a while of syncing, it gives me this error

for example: sometimes, when im syncing a video, or movie.. while its syncing, it stops the sync and gives me an error that says, something like this.. "iPod cannot be read or written to"

or something like that, BTW it does this like 70% of the time..

i do have all my music and videos, but it did take me a WHILE, to get them all on..

ya, this is pretty much why i want an alternative to sync my vids/movies/music/photos..

thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: also, i know the Dimension Player will be able to do this, but until then.. what can i use?
  2. steveo3

steveo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It sucks but you could restore your iPod and redownload iTunes
  3. SimonTheSnowman

actually ive done that already.. lol... but, its not a BIG deal.. ive got all my media on my iPod already, and everything works, its just that syncing prob

BTW, its not my iPod, its my iTunes cause ive gone through 2 iPots and they both did this so... ya...

also, my first iPod, the screen cracked.. but i went back to circuit city, and got a money back thing, lol, the clerk didn't even open the box, lolol.. and then i went to BestBuy and got another iPod.. it was 2 cents more than it Circuit City.. and a case..

4. SimonTheSnowman

bump, please, i really need to know

5. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

This is a common error. I used to get it a lot with my previous iPod Video. It has to do with your USB connection, most commonly because it's plugged into a hub with a bunch of other stuff that may be "muddying" the USB power current. You have to make sure that your Touch (or any iPod) is connected either to a root USB port or to a USB hub with very little else plugged into it, or at least has only a few low-powered devices; no devices that are likely to draw too much amperage. This can cause the sync errors.

Plug your Touch directly into an empty USB port on its own channel (i.e. nothing plugged in to the port immediately beside it) in the back of your computer and try again. It should sync okay then. (This assumes you have USB 2.0. This problem will be exacerbated with USB 1.1)

And no, presently there is no alternative to iTunes for the Touch or iPhone.
  6. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Several other people have said even connecting directly to their PC isn't enough. Apple wrote new USB drivers for the iPod Touch & iPhone and there are some issues with onboard USB. Solution? Pick up a cheap PCI USB card and use it... at least that's the solution that I've seen that solved many of these problems...
  7. SimonTheSnowman

uhm.. so i have to plug in my ipod when nothing else is plugged in?

uhm, also, i think only 1 other thing is plugged in, im not even so sure.. can you explain simpler? please, this will REALLY help me, please

EDOT: also, i plug it in the front of my comp, should it be in the back?
  8. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Yes, chances are the USB ports at the back will be slightly better.

Another thing to consider; are you using an old iPod cable? I have a cable that's completely knackered, and I was having some problems syncing, but then I used a newer one and haven't had any problems since.
  9. SimonTheSnowman

ok, i used the back and i synced all my photos, it worked great.. then i went to my videos to sync them, and it gave me an error saying my iPod wasn't connected, when, it clearly.. was..

lol, i hate syncing with my iPod >.>
  10. PetrCBR

PetrCBR New Member

Latest version of MediaMonkey works fine with iPod Touch/iPhone. However it's only music manager so for video, callendar etc. you must use something else.