Other than apps, what about the other functions?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by draiko913, Jan 18, 2008.

1. draiko913

draiko913 New Member

I, like many others, am not really pleased about the $20 price for the apps, but that's not really what I'm concerned with.

The main thing I'm concerned about is if you have to buy the apps in order to get the ability to reorganize the home screen (getting the little wiggly icons and being able to move them)? Everything I've read so far seems to point in that direction, just wanted to check with the experts first before I pay to upgrade.
  2. owner

owner Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    There is also the ability to add lyrics to a song now. Also you can put webpage link icons on the spring board. Other than that that is pretty much it.
  3. soccerpro100cn

soccerpro100cn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yea i mentioned this somewhere else on the forums. right now, i don't think apple would have DRM protected this small yet useful feature. If anyone can find and confirm this in the app pack and find a way to use it as an itunes upgrade, please do so.

IDEA - any normal app designer for installer would probably be able to make an app that emulates the wiggle and move feature. Customize allows you to reorganise, but sometime (if you add the camera to your ipod) it does not work. the apple move feature would allow you to move the icons themselves, therefore I would not have the problem of moving the camera app wherever i wanted.