Other section in Itunes

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Chumzz, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Chumzz

Chumzz New Member

hi first post and need some help

I have my iPhone and its jailbroken and everything is good except for that in itunes it says i have used up 1.12 gbs of memory for just the other section when i know that i havent used up nearly this much space. I have installed 13 things from installer and most are kb yet itunes says i have taken up 1.12 gbs of space. If u need the list of downloaded apps i will do so but im typing with my phone so i dont want to constantly press the home button. Also isnt there a 300mb limit for app space and if I used up 1.12gbs of memory wouldnt there be a problem? I have made 1 ringtone and i uploaded my wallpaper as a photo so that shouldnt be a problem. I had ishare to dl roms but i deleted it and the roms i downloaded . Does anyone think they could help me? I really dont think I went through a gig of space with 13 apps. Sorry if this should be in the iPhone forum but any help appreciated. Just ask for a list of apps. My current biggest app accordding to installer is BSD subsystem. Thanks for any help.
  2. Chumzz

Chumzz New Member

Anyone pls it cant be artwork either i only have 100 or so songs
    I did some research and someone said i had to restore do i?
  3. ben471

ben471 New Member

What may have happened is you stopped a sync before it was finished. This will turn it into other rather than music. This happened to me with photos. All I had to do was tell iTunes to not sync them, then it asked if they should be deleted, say yes. Then it removes what is on the device as well as the other. Then just sync them back and let it finish. Hopefully that solves your problem, if not I don't know what to tell you.
  4. Chumzz

Chumzz New Member

cool ill try every category and tell ya how it works out thanks for the reply

Aww that didnt work anyone else have ideas or do I have to restore... One question if I restore should I go to my back up because I dont want to set up my phone again... Will this other section go away if I restore?

Ok im gonna restore and just go through the process of jailbreaking again which is annoying but w/e hope it works.