other jailbreak questions. Sorry : )

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by paul_b, Dec 31, 2007.

1. paul_b

paul_b New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,
    Let me first of all apologise if these questions have been asked before. I may not of fully understood previous posts.

1. When I restore to factory defaults where does this live? On the ipod? Does it get completely rewritten from itunes? I dont understand!
    2. Is it more dangerous to jailbreak from a wireless network? I have seen previous posts saying that people have not been able to recover from a white screen. Is this true?
    3. How do I go about updating and managing from version 1.1.2 to the next version? I dont want to loss any data!

Thanks for any help on the above.
  2. vector

vector New Member

1. If you mean reseting settings to factory defaults on your IPod, then no. Your apps won't get re-written, only your settings (basicly that won't do you much good unless you screwed up the settings for an application). If you're talking about restoring your ipod via itunes, then yes, everything will be completely re-written (except the music/videos/photos).

2. As far as I know, there isn't any other way to jailbreak the 1.1.1 firmware . If you follow the instructions properly you won't have any problems

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8664 After you download the .zip make SURE you read the README file included inside as it contains the instructions on what to do.
  3. paul_b

paul_b New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the reply Vector. With regard to my questions.

1. I have reset my ipod today and managed it through itunes. During reseting itunes displayed n/a for name, capacity, version etc. When I was asked to do a complete reset rather than from a backup, I chose the reset. After that it filled in all of the necessary fields. When itunes did this it made me think that it completely re-wrote firmware and software. Can anyone confirm this?

2. I have 1.1.2 firmware installed on my ipod. It looks like there are instructions on how to do this. I will look at these.

3. I am currently reading the README file?