"other" in itunes getting rediculous

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Touchnoob0211, May 26, 2008.

1. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    everytime i plug my computer in, it seems the "other" in the summary of the bottom of the ipod screen on itunes keeps getting larger and larger. last night it was 540mb and now its590mb.
    i have put nothing onto it, all i have done is use islsk, and i HAVE deleted music/media cache, safari history,cookies, cache, mobilescrobbler cache, restarted ipod, all of that...

it doesnt go down, and seems to continuously rise. im loosing memory everytime and im already filled up with my music.

is there any guides on how to really lower the size? ive searched, with no luck.

and i dont care to re-jb and re-install all my apps.

thanks to anyone in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Halacio

Halacio New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    pretty much all apps add to your other such as updates and game saves.
  3. chrisc923

chrisc923 New Member

the other contains everthing thats not music, photos, or videos......duh......its "other"

any game saves, roms, level packs, apps from installer, ebooks, downloads, and pretty much everything else is catagorised as other
  4. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

and dont forget album artwork
  5. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hmmm yeah. i have album artwork for majority of songs and almost lyrics for all songs, even though that ddoesnt make a real diffference.

its weird though, its like you need to restore after a few months to keep it from taking up so much.
    anyways i think it would be a pretty good idea if someone was able to create an app that cleaned up your ipod, cleared temp files, cache, screenshots, unneccesary files, if there are any.

editttt, btw halico your avatar is amazing hahahha

screw zunes. (when you got an ipod)
  6. crazy.pretty.thing

crazy.pretty.thing New Member

Im having the same problem i have 5.60GB of "other" but i do not have any games or a whole lot of album art... eek! Help!
  7. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

i think somehow ur music got corrupted and u are going to have to delete it and resync it to ur iPod
  8. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You will always have some "Other" (about 100 mb or so).
    Games, TTR Songs, iPhysics Level Packs, Themes, Bands, MxTube videos, the backups made by some themes, and everything other than Music/Videos goes in "Other"
  9. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Lyrics, Album Art Work, Names of songs.
  10. gigity

gigity New Member

I have the same problem crazy.pretty.thing has with like gigs and gigs of other. I think that when i plugged my ipod into iTunes after adding songs from islsk it corrupted all my songs. So the corrupted parts of the old songs are still taking up memory even though they don't show up in th musicplayer app. I need to find away to get rid of these corrupted songs because gigs of other is ridiculous!!!
    Note: I don't want to restore so if anyone has any suggestions besides restore please post. thanx.