"Other" data just grew...when deleting stuff?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by soxfan0434, Sep 17, 2009.

1. soxfan0434

soxfan0434 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've been perusing the web about this issue, and I've noticed lots of people with the "Other" data issue. I have an 8GB 1G Touch running 3.1.1 with ~1150 songs and 18 apps, so it's pretty full regardless (about 100MB free). However, I had more apps earlier tonight and decided to remove a few to free up some space for new music. I removed 150MB in apps, and my available space didn't grow by 150MB...no, it DROPPED by 10MB. In removing apps, and doing nothing else, my "Other" data actually grew by ~160MB, up to 467.8MB.

Considering that half of a gig is a considerable amount of space relative to the total space on my Touch, I was wondering if 1) anyone else has had this issue, 2) if they know the cause, and 3) how I can fix it without having to wipe my iPod. I've been getting really frustrated with the whole "Other" category and this incident just sent me over the edge. If anyone has any input, I would really appreciate it.
  2. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

You..... have to restore it.
    Sorry bud.
  3. Tsukoi

Tsukoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    LOL.
    That's the answer to everything nowadays, isn't it?
    Not to mention, your Avatar just makes it all the more Humerous.
    Oh how I love thy, NinjaBurrito.
  4. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

Well I always feel bad because all the threads I see on general chat are about things that can only be solved by restoring it.

And yes, my avatar is schweet. I found on facebook, one of my friends commeneted on it and it linked me to it.
  5. stxyzthipod

stxyzthipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It is the answer to most things because it usually fixes most of the problems lol.