"Other" bar getting big

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tumama, May 25, 2009.

1. tumama

tumama New Member

I don't understand how the Orange Bar (Other) at the bottom of the syncing screen gets bigger. Does anyone knows why?? A couple of days ago it was at about...250mg and now it is at 2.5GB...that's crazy. I have not uploaded anything besides a 600mg movie.

I have an Ipod Touch 2G (16GB)

Has anyone had this problem before?? How do u fix it??

I'll appreciate the help.
  2. synchron

synchron New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have seen the orange 'other' partition grow to irregular sizes when you specify to manually manage your music, photos and videos. I used to do that and whenever I deleted stuff in Itunes or other 3rd party apps the orange would grow for no reason ( I think I read somewhere this stuff gets moved to some hidden folder).

So now I always synch music and video with Itunes from 1 PC and only manually manage with OpenSSH/WinSCP which is a good reason to jb. The orange bar reflects a true partition size and this has also fixed album art and Cover flow which never worked properly either when manually managing stuff.

Synchron.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. tumama

tumama New Member

Thanks

Thanks bro...I did jb my ipod, but since I'm not very good with computers it is something tha really concerned me when I noticed it. I will give it a try at what u posted. thanks again.

tumama