other apps not games

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Johnny Quest, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Ok, I feel that the iTouch is only good for games. Are there other apps besides games? how about Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint or just something that can be useful in our everyday life. Other than that we just purchased a 400 plus dollar game boy.
    Don't get me wrong I love my iTouch. I praise it to all who don't have one, but I keep hearing "thats all it does?" Can somebody post educational apps, more study stuff, so mom and dad's can buy one for their kids being a learning tool. Thanks.
  2. mike999

mike999 New Member

l find it usefull for reading my PDF books as well.
  3. thomasw4138

thomasw4138 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    But u have to know that... an iPot is a... pmp
  4. Meetdave

Meetdave New Member

my ipod touch is most useful to me for school related stuff.

if you get lighttpd and figure out how to view your pdf's through safari (its somewhere in this forum) you can litrerally catch up on your research while taking the bus or whatever.

i can't really think of any other apps, i would suggest caterpillar because it allows you to see your calender without unlocking it (haha probably not the answer you were looking for, everyone seems to be having troubles with it, i guess i just got lucky.. *DON'T TRY). however calender is useful beyond words alone, i'm taking 7 courses in uni right now and if i lost it my ipod touch i would shoot myself in the foot- it holds EVERYTHING: my assignments, my schedule, my excel graphs (sent to myself through email), and organizes the crapload of assignments i have to hand in. a lot of people tend to say "can't you just do that with a day planner", but sh*t, who carries a day planner with them everywhere... however you always have your ipod touch with you.

overall i use it to edit my essays on the go, it saves a lot of time. send yourself test outlines... when the sdk comes out, hopefully there will be more apps like excel 2007 and stuff like that, hell i'd pay to for that.

then again, i'm that person who sometimes forgets that their ipod touch has music or videos on it.
  5. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    wikipedia(2touch..), wedict, touchpad, and all the iphone apps are pretty cool non-game related thingys

and mobilechat if you have wifi at places you go

i don't rly have many of these (cept those^) since i use my ipod mostly for games

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Look in the "Productivity" section, you'll love it

Please Register or Log in to view images

WeDict probably.
  7. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    thanks gang for your response. How do you edit your essays? I want to load some medical stuff and use flash cards for my drug list for med school. I'm trying to type them in but it is time consuming. I'll keep messing with the idea. Thanks again.
    One game can be addictive and thats "text twist" thats a fun game but it doesn't store your score.