Other Account

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by TechDudeGeorge, Nov 1, 2010.

1. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

I want to get VLC and some other apps not in my country (US). Is it possible to make a US account and will it work with the iPod Touch, like have apps from two accounts on it? Because I heard when you sync to itunes, only the apps from one account will appear. So If I say get VLC on the second account and sync to itunes with the first, VLC will wipe. This true?
  2. savage24x

savage24x Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    if the app is free, go find an ipa online. i will remove this if this breaks the rules
  3. TechDudeGeorge

Still requires jailbreak etc. I want to know if this method will work
  4. bstevenhaagen

bstevenhaagen Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I used to do that. Yes, you can have two accounts on the same device. You just have to re-login to the account, when you need to switch stores. I had iTunes set up to Manually manage files and my apps never got deleted from my device.
  5. TechDudeGeorge

Few more questions, please answer um all.

1. Why won't it let me register a new account, I put 13 my age.. And it's telling me I'm underage :/
    2. If I can get it to work for 13, will it let me download 17+ apps (Like Opera Mini)
    3. How do I go ahead to have two accounts for the iDevice, I want automatic app syncing on. But how can I sync apps to it from 2 different accounts?
  6. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    That's illegal... Pirating a free app is still pirating... You purchase a license to use the app (even if it is free). If you never purchase it, then you don't have a license to use the app. If he already purchased it, then he could download it through other means legally. But since he hasn't, this is illegal.

You can create multiple iTunes accounts. It's perfectly legal to do (Even for different countries).
  7. TechDudeGeorge

So in short, If I log in to two iTunes accounts in iTunes and download apps then proceed to sync to iPod... Will they all sync? Then I just update them by logging into the separate accounts for the different apps?
  8. TechDudeGeorge

9. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    You do know you can change your country w/o making a new account?
  10. TechDudeGeorge

Won't let you buy other apps, gives you the message that you are only verified to buy in the UK app store.