[OSX] ZiPhone 1.1.4 Jailbreak 16 GB iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by ifletcher, Mar 13, 2008.

1. ifletcher

ifletcher New Member

Hello People, many of you are having trouble with ZiPhoneOSX in case of jailbreaking a 16 GB iPod Touch! Well, there is a way to jailbreak these iPods, which only works with the Windows Version of ZiPhone, which isn't right! It works with the OS X version, with some workarounds!

For everyone who doesn't know which way i mean, here's a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNwH8rmc1f8

I thought, that must be possible with osx, there's no difference between ZiPhone windows and OS X, and I'm right! The core of ZiPhone, the command line application, is exactly the same for both systems! That made me think that it has to work with OS X too! And it does!

That's the way I jailbroke my 1.1.4, I will try to tell you how i did that, and especially how i got the ideas on why it had to work (Important: you should have watched the video):

VERY IMPORTANT: THIS IS MY WAY; DON'T TRY THIS ONE! DOWNLOAD THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM AND TRY THE VIDEO TUTORIAL ABOVE!
    I've downloaded ZiPhoneOSX and extracted it to Applications! Well, then I created many many many terminal windows, these would replace the button presses the guy does in the video, but how? it's easy, every time you press that button in ZiPhone Windows it starts "ziphone -j". So I switched to ZiPhoneOSX.app/Contents/Resources in all terminal windows and put in ./ziphone -j, BUT didn't press enter yet! I hope you can follow, my aim was, if i would press enter in all these windows next after each other, it actually is the same process as pressing a button in ZiPhone for Windows, just a bit more complicated, and not that easy! So I did that, pressed enter in 1 terminal windows after another, and see, it worked at the 1st try! I don't know if it was luck or whatever, but now my 16 GB MAC iPod Touch is jailbroken via ZiPhone!

And that's it! But I thought, there has to be an easier way, so I downloaded the ZiPhone Sources and looked at the osx gui wrapper! The Problem why this method didnt work with osx was, that the button to start the jailbreak only works ONCE! So I looked at the sourcecode of the class which controls the buttons and I disabled the function which disables the button! So I made ZiPhoneOSX mod which should be able to jailbreak your iPod like it did to mine! But I couldn't test it yet, my iPod works at the moment without any problems and i don't want trouble!

I would be really happy if someone would sacrifice his iPod for a test, it can't be bricked, the worst thing that could happen is the BSD error! I didn't touch the ziphone source files, only the GUI files! It's still the same programm, i just cut out 2 or 3 lines of code!

So, here you go for the ZiPhoneOSX modified version:
    http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/99280930/ZiPhoneOSX.zip
  2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    omg if this works!!!!!

ok ill try it

how many terminal windows? can you make a video?
  3. ifletcher

ifletcher New Member

i really hope it will, but there's reason why it shouldn't, it's able to do exactly the same as the ziphone windows version in the video now!
  4. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    ok downloading,

I have 1.1.4, with Jan pack. will that wreck it?
  5. ifletcher

ifletcher New Member

shouldn't make any problems, i used 1.1.4 without jan pack, but i think it doesn't matter, the guy in the video also says that it probably doesn't matter!
  6. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    ok,

also, i got a tad confused, ill put the fiel into applications, and then what will i type in the terminal windows?\

./ziphone -j?
  7. ifletcher

ifletcher New Member

nonono don't use terminal!

just do it like in the video! the terminal was the way i did it, with my ziphone mod it should be easier!
  8. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    oh! you made a gui?
    sorry i misread it

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. ifletcher

ifletcher New Member

you should read everything, i didnt actually make a gui, i modified a bit in the official GUI which makes the video tutorial above work! it should!
  10. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    yeah that what i ment ^^ so its a gui for mac - if this works im gonna umm i dunno what but ill be super happy

Please Register or Log in to view images