Release OSX Leopard Add-Ons

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Bear Hunter, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bear Hunter

Bear Hunter New Member

UPDATE 11 OCT 08

Alright guys...here it is: Courtesy of Ice9812's hard work:

Combo Widget Download - Plug and Play in Winterboard

Includes the following: See README File

1. Calendar.theme: SSH to "/Library/Themes" and activate in Winterboard

***YOU MUST PUT THE "Info.plist" INSIDE YOUR LEOPARD THEME FOLDER NOT THE "CALENDAR THEME" FOLDER*******

2. Clock Widget: SSH to "/Library/Themes" and activate in Winterboard.

3. WX & Calendar Combo: Used if you want to run the weather and calendar simultaneously on one HTML file. SSH to "/Library/Themes" and activate in Winterboard.

***YOU MUST PUT THE "Info.plist" INSIDE YOUR LEOPARD THEME FOLDER NOT THE "WX & CALENDAR COMBO" FOLDER*******

4. WX Forecast.theme: SSH to "/Library/Themes" and activate in Winterboard

The combination of the current and 6 Day forecast into one widget fixes any issues you may have had with the old version "dropping" the 6 day forecast by 10px"

Here is what it looks like... I am running the Weather and Calendar as a Combination, and the Clock separately in Winterboard. No need to run current weather embedded in your Leopard Theme Folder.

Please Register or Log in to view images

These Widgets are All-In-One, Stand alone versions activated in Winterboard

COMBO WIDGET DOWNLOAD

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m4kgb8

Plug and play version which includes multiple wallpapers with all widgets, and multiple wallpapers with just the Calendar and Weather widgets. If you want to make adjustements such as adjusting widget size, color, position, you must download the PSD file located at the bottom of this post and have a working knowledge of Photoshop.

Plug and Play Links

Plug and Play OSX Leopard with Widgets

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ugtijc

Thank you to mr. sparky who took the time and effort to help out

CREDITS:

* Ice9812 For his hard work in combining the Current and 6 Day Weather widgets, in addition to re-writing HTML to allow the combination of Weather and Calendar Widgets

1. Razor90 for his wonderful dock and art work...in addition to giving me permission to include it in this modified theme: You can find his dock here: MacThemes Forum / [10.5 dock] Al Reflect and his webpage is located here: Mac-Ray on deviantART

2. kevinandersson for his fantastic wallpapers and giving permission to bundle it up in this modified theme. You can find his wallpapers here: MacThemes Forum / [Wallpaper] A greener Apple , MacThemes Forum / [Wallpaper] Aqua Apple , and his webpage which is located here: Icon designer Kevin Andersson - kevinandersson.dk - Wallpapers, UI design and Icons

3. Allbrokeup for his fantastic wallpapers from his theme deBlaq and also providing them in other colors. Link to his work can be found here: [PIRACY.mu] - The leading online storage and file delivery service

4. Psychopulse for his classic wallpapers see first image below. His wallpapers can be found at this link: MacThemes Forum / [Walls] Some new/old walls , and his homepage is located here: Psychopulse on deviantART

5. kano89 for his fantastic wood and fire wallpapers. His wallpapers can be found here: MacThemes Forum / [Wall] iBurn and here: MacThemes Forum / [Wall] Wooden Wall His homepage is located here and has a lot of other great work: kano89 on deviantART

6. The original creators of Ultimate Leopard Theme "therealduckie" and toomuchcaffeine). The amount of work and forethought put into the original theme really gave me the inspiration for the add-ons. The original theme can be found here:

[Ultimate Leopard 3.0] The definitive Leopard theme, now for firmware 2.0! - iPod touch Fans forum

7. The Artists located in "Mac Releases". Their work is incredible and I use this source IOT try to keep things looking current. Still waiting for a few replies for permission

MacThemes Forum / Mac Releases

8. Aldwin for the original calendar plist that he supplied for Tenius theme.

9. Katra's Weather Theme for the outstanding weather icons, also available for download on Cydia

10. Ice9812 for providing the resized weather icons from Katra

11. Whoever wrote the original code for the 6 day forecast and myopia.

12. Reako who is attempting to modify the the calendar code to display the separator on the calendar widget. Still a Work in Progress

13. jabbawalkee who Beta-Tested the package and took the time to ensure my instructions were clear. He also suggested that I include a sample theme folder structure which would help people new to themes understand how it is supposed to look

My goal was to utilize available space on the home screen to encompass everything for max usability, and having applications and information immediately available while still maintaining the Leopard look and feel.

As stated, this package contains add-ons to the current Leopard theme. You can download the original theme linked above in my credits....or you can use the example [folder theme structure] included in this package and build it yourself. Blank applications can be downloaded through Cydia by using the "Steffwiz" source in Cydia. They are also available in the original Leopard theme linked above. Example - Blank applications allow you to position your hard drive to the right without having anything visible to the left.

I have included very detailed instructions and provided images within each "README" file, so there should be no question on what you need to do. It was written so someone who has limited knowledge can apply this theme with no problem. This includes applying the enclosed theme folder structure and building your theme yourself.

OSX Leopard Add-Ons:

Widgets and Mods available for use in Master PSD. All items can be resized and re-colored at will.

1. Aluminum Taskbar with spaces icon
    2. Glass Taskbar with spaces icon (spaces icon is removable)
    3. Leopard Calendar Widget
    4. Calculator Widget Original
    5. Calculator Widget Blackout
    6. iTunes Widget Original
    7. iTunes Widget Blackout
    8. Leopard Calendar Widget (The left portion is for your actual Calendar app: info.plist included)
    9. DVD Player Blackout
    10. DVD Player Original
    11. Yellow/White Pages Search Bar Blackout
    12. Yellow/White Pages Search Bar Original
    13. Google Maps Search Bar Blackout
    14. Google Maps Search Bar Original
    15. Front Row Original
    16. Colored and Black Status Notifier icons
    17. Apple Signal Indicators (both classic and retro)
    18. Dock and indicators (psd)
    19. Dashboard Masks (Regular and Glass Versions)

Blackout & Classic Versions: All widgets and Layers can be resized, colored, or removed in the OSX Master.psd

Please share your modifications and have this grow into an even better Add-On theme since I am including all the PSDs. I am only one person, and do not have all the good ideas....that's where you guys come in. As stated in the credits... The "Mac Releases" section has all the latest stuff for the desktop. There is no reason why our phones can't incorporate the same modifications, and look just as good. Leopard for the iPhone does not have to be limited to an "out of the box" look. It can become an extension of our desktops if your creative enough.

Last note: I do not make icons, I can copy them right off my own system resources, and I can modify other icons but those do not belong me. If there are specific things you are looking for please search DeviantArt or Mac Releases and simply resize and add it to the "Master OSX Widget.psd". Once added you can make any modification you like by adding drop shadows, etc... The goal should be to keep all widgets and icons looking as realistic as possible. I have however provided links to the artists websites where you can download the icons in all my screenshots....just look in the README files in the appropriate folders (ie Black Dock Icon Folder, Other Icons Folder, and Categories Icon Folder)

Deviant Art Icons
    MacThemes Forum / Mac Releases

One other note....in order to use the taskbars in the PSD file you need to apply transparent FST_BG, and FSO-BG to the following path: /Library/Themes/YOUR THEME/Bundles/com.apple.springboard The files are transparent and are here:

<-FSO_BG

<-FST_BG

DOWNLOAD

OSX Leopard Add-Ons

Mirror site

OXS Leopard Add-On Mirror Download

2nd Mirror Site Thanks to Mobi

Thanks Mobi

Attached Files:

2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

wow
    looks amazingly amazing
    good job
  3. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wow,

really great work on this
  4. Bear Hunter

Bear Hunter New Member

Thanks guys,

There seems to be some confusion on other sites, so I figured I would post this here to try and clear things up:

In case there is still confusion:

These are the widget backgrounds.....they have to become part of your wallpaper.

Right now the code is set to display exactly where you see the calendar and weather widget backgrounds shown here:

If you move them because you want it somewhere else on your wallpaper you will have to make changes to the code as explained with pictures in the corresponding README file: This only applies to the calendar and weather The other widgets simply activate iphone applications or webclips. You will have to make a transparent icon for the application you want activated with the widget you choose and move the widget to where the app is located.
  5. weewoot

weewoot New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    very nice, i like it alot!
  6. Allstar247

Allstar247 New Member

This. Is. Amazing.

You. Are. Awesome.

End. Of. Discussion.

Great. Job.

(Why did I put periods at the end of each word XD)
  7. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As much as nice as this is, i think it is too cluttered to be leopard, and shouldnt have too much stuff, but i gotta admit you put some nice work onto this, it looks really nice

8. Bear Hunter

Bear Hunter New Member

Thanks, I appreciate that..I put all that stuff there so people have options to choose what they want displayed.
  9. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, which i gotta admit is pretty nice, but like i said im sorry but my tastes are that it looks a little cluttered, but i will most certainly will download it when i can jailbreak and probably put like one widget up lol but its nice, i love it
  10. chrisburke

chrisburke New Member

wow this is such a great theme, but wow, its a lot of work to get it together... you should create a guide that takes you from the very beginning ... my guess is more people would use it if they had a guide to setting it up... i know there are text files explaining, but sometimes it gets confusing
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.