OS X 10.9 Said to Feature Siri and Apple Maps

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Nov 19, 2012.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Siri on a Mac would be interesting. I mean, when was the last time you saw someone mount an iMac in their car? :p

Still, at least on the Mac you would have access to Google Earth. Unless Apple blocks that :confused:
  3. SilverShip

SilverShip Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad
    Sweet! Hope Apple will at least support the 2012 MacBooks with Siri. Otherwise there will also be a lot of peed off retina MacBook Pro owners. Can't wait for the next iOSX release
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  4. makeitso1

makeitso1 4000th Follower of iFans on Facebook

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Of course they're going to have their own app. If they don't, then someone else is going to do it for them. And Apple doesn't tend like that. Also, shouldn't OS 10.9 be in beta pretty soon here? It usually comes out around December.

OS X is an open OS. Apple cannot and will not block anything with it. I hardly use Siri while driving, secondly. Having Siri available on my MacBook Air is going to be spectacular. Most of the time I want to look up statistical information is when I'm reading on my devices, not when I'm out an about. Mac will be an open addition to the Siri family.
  5. Newah

Newah Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    siri + apple maps = almost perfect gps. Just needs the kinks squished out, but it works well in my area
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hmm, I sure hope so. I'd imagine my Retina MBP would get Siri. There's no reason why it wouldn't. OS X has a much longer and more diverse upgrade path than iOS... Older Macs stay supported far longer than older iPhones and iPads.
  7. rye10516

rye10516 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I hope the siri servers can handle it
  8. SilverShip

SilverShip Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad
    Lets hope thats the way Apple see it. I would be incredibly surprised if the 2011 and newer models weren't supported. I also can't see a reason why Apple wouldn't support older MacBooks also.
  9. antipico

antipico Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Siri-ously? I dont mind if my retina doesn't talk to me with a sexy cyborg voice (oh wait, that was Glados). I find Siri to be just a toy. I only use it/her to set a cooking timer when my hands are on dough. So I hope Siri on mac won't be a screen invading pain in behind like on iphone. It would be nice to ask Siri to do something while you're doing something else. Say you're typing a reply message to iFans with your fingertips on fire, but remember you should change the time on a meeting in calendar. You don't feel like stopping your writing but would otherwise forget to change the time. So what do you do? You could click a magic button or just say "Siri: .." and state your wish to her. Now that would be cool. Talk about multitasking.
  10. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Yah! Apple maps!