iOS 4.1 OS 4.1 Jailbreak | iPodTouch 2g [MB Model]

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Karandash, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Karandash

Karandash New Member

Hello

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have got an iPodtouch 2g [MB531FD] , OS 3.1.2 and i would like to upgrade to OS 4.1. and Jailbreak it then.
    My Problem is following : I have absolutely no idea which jailbreak i need to use for a iPodTouch 2g [Model:MB531FD] and 4.1

I read the stickys but after i read them i was even more confused since i have been before :S
    Is there a difference between MC and MB Models?
    Which Tool do i need to use for jailbreaking my iPod :s?
  2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    People will tell you to use Snowbreeze. I tell you to NOT use it. Snowbreeze is just not right.
    Wait for the update of a tool called "redsn0w", which is far the best Jailbreak tool atm.
  3. FaL LeGeNd

FaL LeGeNd Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Oh boy. Here we go.

Really, the only difference between a MC and a MB model is the bootrom. The MB model (also known as the old bootrom) is open to an exploit (hole devs use to inject code into the device) that was patched in the release of the MC model (New Bootrom). Because this is a exploit in the hardware (Bootrom = Hardware) it cannot be patched with a software update, meaning you would have to get a new device in order for the exploit to be patched. This also means you can jailbreak on any firmware ever.

Whew, now that that's out of the way, what operating system are you running? I need to know this so I can point you to an appropriate jailbreak tool

Edit: As the person above me said, the jailbreak tool for Windows operating system, Sn0wbreeze is very unstable and I would advise you against it. However, if you do wish to try, you can download it here: Click Me!

If you are on a Mac OS Operating system, you can use Redsn0w, a much more stable, and easy to use jailbreak. I would advise you to use this one. You can download it here: Click Me (Direct Download)
  4. Karandash

Karandash New Member

Oh, i forgott to mention that i use Windows XP.
    As far as i know redsn0w is only available for Mac at the moment, or?
    Is it worth waiting for a Windows release or should i look out for another Jailbreak like Sn0wbreeze?

Btw thank you both for your fast answers and sorry for my bad english :s
  5. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wait until redsn0w is released for windows, stay clear of anything ih8sn0w produces.
  6. FaL LeGeNd

FaL LeGeNd Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, iH8sn0w's tools cause more problems than they're worth.
  7. cyberghoser1

cyberghoser1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have to agree with that, despite i was in hope he will review he's release, so true man.
  8. thunderstruck7

thunderstruck7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    sn0wbreeze is your only option right now if you have Windows, though people have been having lots of problems with it. Though if you know how to use virtual machines, you can use redsn0w with an OS X image.
  9. link07

link07 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    wait for a redsn0w update

or try 4.1 and wait for greenp0sin/shatter jailbreak!!
  10. themaster2443

themaster2443 Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I have an iPod Touch 2g MB 8gig version on iOS4.1 jailbroken and I used sn0wbreeze 2.0.1. All you have to do is follow this tutorial and it should work, at least it worked for me so there shouldn't be any difference