iOS 4.1 OS 4.1 Battery Drain?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Laugh1ng, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Laugh1ng

Laugh1ng New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Currently running a jailbroken 4.1 ipt3g MC model. Jailbreak used was limera1n. Last night I kept my iPod in sleep mode while it was about 75% batts. I turned it on this morning and it said less than 20% was remaining. Could this be because I forgot to turn off the running apps in the multitasking thing (which I am still not adjusted to yet) or is it because of limera1n? Thanks in advance.
  2. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    My iPod is doing the opposite thing of yours.

My iPod..idk it may just be me but it seems like my battery is stronger than ever.

My battery life is lasting like forever!It isn't dieing very fast and I was using it for a long time yesterday and it didn't go below 20%.

My iPod is running beautiful.

But most likely your problem is the multitasking.I'd remove it if I were you.
  3. SeaJay

SeaJay New Member

Make sure that you turn wifi off, wifi is a huge drain in iOS4.
  4. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's the "persistent" wifi you mean

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just turn notifications off, delete everything in the multitasking bar right before you go to sleep. Then check if the battery life is better

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. EarthRazer

EarthRazer New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Closing multitasking apps is a must do. Don't enable multitask if you cannot deal with it.
  6. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    In addition to what everyone else said....don't download alot of mobilesubstrate addons
  7. Dama682

Dama682 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Contrary to what has been occurring to some people, my iPod's been doing fine in terms of battery life.

I haven't charged it since this morning (~8 AM). It's now 10:30 PM in my respective time zone and the battery's at 95%.

Do note that:
    • Multitasking will drain your battery
    • Some MobileSubstrate apps (as previously mentioned) will also drain battery
    • Enabling numeric battery MAY drain battery, due to the OS constantly checking and calculating current levels
    • Having Wi-Fi enabled constantly will drain batteries

For the curious, I usually quit all apps open (including those in the multitasking bar) and keep my iPod in Airplane Mode. Just those two in conjunction should give you a much better battery life.
  8. Laugh1ng

Laugh1ng New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah I'm thinking it's probably the multitasking. I didn't have the wifi on at all so I doubt that's the problem. I had the 'cut the rope' app in the multitask bar all night (probably around 12 hours or so) so that might be the reason. How do you turn it off? I don't think I really need to use it much anyway.
  9. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Disable wifi even when it's not connected. Remove the plist for push notifications OR completely disable in settings. Disable SSH. Turn down brightness. Remove all multitasking apps/ set them to background natively.
  10. fhk_kz5

fhk_kz5 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Disable multitasking it is a pain.