OS 3.0 Wi-Fi Problems with VPN

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sMiNt, Aug 11, 2009.

1. sMiNt

sMiNt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello, yesterday I updated my iPod Touch 2G to 3.0 and instant jailbraked it, without problem. But I think that the problem is no matter of the jailbreak, it is something about the new OS 3.0.

At my college I connected to the Wi-Fi Network just like to any other Wi-Fi connection, it is a connection without password. So it was no problem to connect.

After that I activated VPN, I added a profile for my college before that.

With the new OS there is the following problem. When I connect to the Wi-Fi network, instantly a Safari window openes with a site from my college, where all the stuff about the VPN connection is written. There is no adress line in this safari window. When I close the window the connection is lost.

Is there a possibility to stop opening the window after connecting?
  2. sMiNt

sMiNt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no idea at all? it's a known os 3.0 problem with the hotspots, still no fix for that? any jailbreak tool or something? it needs just a tool which prevents the ipod from opening the sign-on site, that the connection is beeing holded in the back and i can switch on vpn.
  3. Community-DoGooder

Community-DoGooder Banned

You might have to press Login on the college page.
  4. redfish1979

redfish1979 Banned

ipods suck...made in china
  5. kyle hultgren

kyle hultgren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    did you notice the name of this website when you joined. AND EVERYTHING IS MADE IN CHINA!!!!!
  6. sMiNt

sMiNt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is no place where I can log me in. It's like that:

The Wi-Fi I'm connectiong to is limited just on the college page for the connection. You can read there how you can connect to the network and gain full access. One possibility is with WPA2-Enterprise, which is definitly not possible with ipod/iphone.

The other possibility is via VPN. With the 2.2.1 firmware it was no problem, first I connected to the network, then I turned VPN on.

I can't do that now, because this stupid college site instantly openes, when I close it the VPN connection is lost.