[OS 3.0] Noticiable difference in performance

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by XpireD, Jul 10, 2009.

1. XpireD

XpireD New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    After reading the mass amounts of threads about 3.0 being slow, having alot of wifi issues and batterylife not really being improved, I held back from upgrading my 2.2.1 JB 2G iPT.

However the otherday I decided to just give it a try and ever since upgrading to 3.0 I am very impressed beacuse:

• Booting up seems alot faster than on my 2.2.1 JB
    • Respring is also much faster, before I had to wait ages :S
    • I find that the wifi is much more effiecent and faster (im constantly messing around online on the ipod so it was a noticiable change)
    • Battery life has deffoo improved, Surfing the web, Using IM+ etc would drain my 2.2.1 ipod battery pretty fast however staying connected to IM+ for over 2 hours the battery % only went down to 71% before this would be the case after an hour or so.
    • Noticied that cydia is running alot faster, downloading new changes is also alot faster and the updating o the database is much quicker theres no more long waiting around for it to load up etc

Overall I am impressed with 3.0 upgrading and I recommend it to anyone who has doubts and does not no wheater to upgrade!

Quick thanks to everyone who developed a jailbreak for 2.2.1 and for 3.0

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is exactly how I feel buddy

3. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I agree with all those points too... The wifi indicator appears to be more accurate too.. Signal seems to be weaker than it used to be in 2.2.1, though in reality wifi is a tad faster in my case.
  4. XpireD

XpireD New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I havent really noticed signal strength being weaker but, If it is ohwell, the faster wifi speed makes up for it