OS 3.0 bluetooth headset/mic question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by zjcochran, Jun 17, 2009.

1. zjcochran

zjcochran New Member

Has anyone been able to confirm if you can use a bluetooth headset/mic with the Touch 2nd gen running OS 3.0?

I've been able to successfully pair the headset to it, but I can only get audio output from it - Skype and the Voice Memo apps won't register the mic built into the headset.

EDIT-
    Forgot to include the fact that everything that I have been able to look up about the headset says that it uses A2DP.
  2. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I haven't been able to pair it with a car bluetooth system, my phone, my MacBook or a bluetooth earpeace. This is a iPod Touch 2nd Gen
  3. Jonty2

Jonty2 New Member

I paired with imuffs. Bad sound and no function on mike or controls other than volume.
  4. ggoldfingerd

ggoldfingerd New Member

I have Motorola HT820's and they only work for music. The Voice Memo program doesn't see my headphones as a mic, even though it has one built in. My headphones are also loud as heck, even with the lowest volume setting.

I think Apple just has some basic bluetooth drivers that don't fully support my headphones at least.
  5. mafi0z

mafi0z New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have also paired a bt headset. Audio output does work, mic does not.
  6. treblefff

treblefff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My iPhone with the 3.0 OS detects all the neighbourhood cellphones, but cannot see or pair with my Jabra BT250 earpiece.

My Ipod Touch 2G with OS 3.0, well I don't think it works, I haven't been able to 'see' anything, much less pair anything.

Grounds for my money back?
  7. ggoldfingerd

ggoldfingerd New Member

Maybe Apple will include more drivers for various devices in a future update. I would have assumed the bluetooth should work well since they have experience with the iphone.
  8. treblefff

treblefff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I kept trying and thankfully the iPhone found and paired with the Jabra BT250 earpiece.

However, my iPod Touch 2G still cannot detect any bluetooth devices at all.

It must be transmitting, as my PC can see it, but it fails with a message about being unable to detect services from the ipod Touch.

Hope to resolve this, I just want to get my MP3's through a wireless headset, that's my goal.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. randy3k

randy3k New Member

I would listen to music via bluetooth handset itech s38, but mic doesn't work. And also I can paired up my ipod touch 2g to my Macbook Pro and Sony Ericsson W350i. I could also connect my touch with W350i, but it seems that the connection is useless, no tethering, no audio transmisson, etc.
  10. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    My Touch 2G 3.0 was slow to detect the Samsung with car charger model Bluetooth VoIP for $34.95 at Best Buy, but it did "see" the ID letters and numbers. However it did not connect.

Best Buy gave me a refund.

If anyone has success, I am interested.