Original iPod touch needs update

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JohnGapzB, Sep 27, 2009.

1. JohnGapzB

JohnGapzB New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    my ipod touch is as old as you can get. I preordered it before they were released in the u.s. Have never updated the firmware and jailbroke it using the first method that was ever posted here. I want to get things up to speed with a new installer and firmware and basically get everything updated. What should i start with or update first? Only reason im skeptical is because i dont want to get stuck with an unjailbreakable ipod because i know that was an issue back when this all started. So whats gonna be my best bet towards getting this thing updated and running?
  2. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Update to 3.1 and jailbreak with Pwnage.
  3. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    and installer is dead, it's cydia now.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. JohnGapzB

JohnGapzB New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sounds good but now I came across another issue.

My hard drive was recently wiped so I lost all my files so I haven't plugged my ipod>computer probably in about 6 months or so. I've been charging it on a stand the whole time. I just tried to plug the ipod into the computer and it's not recognized by either my computer nor itunes. I've restarted the ipod, changed cables, restarted computer, re-installed itunes, I'm out of ideas, if anyone has a solution I'd greatly appreciate it.
  5. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You'd might as well just restore the ipod to the latest firmware and jailbreak using pwnage. my first gen is jailbroken and works great on 3.1.1.