Original iPhone and iPod touch not supported for 4.0

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Apr 9, 2010.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i feel bad for the people who have a original iphone and ipod touch 1g so they can't get iphone os 4.0 but Jailbreaking will help them if its not supported anymore.
  3. Fulaeetoy

Fulaeetoy New Member

They are left behind cAuse of hardware changes.
  4. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i have a 2g and even it doesnt support certain things, but i think that its a good idea overall. the newer ipods dont have to lack features apple wants to give to us by making it run on an old ipod. Plus, it forces people to buy new ipods, and of course Apple just loves that lol but i think its good, the original ipods/iphones are three years old(right?) and technology moves too fast for them to be supported anymore. I am saving up for a 4g ipod for when it comes out, because my 2g probably wont be supported anymore.. overall a good idea by apple
  5. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah but that sucks because even jailbreaking could do all this stuff really, or similar.
  6. Blade19

Blade19 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes true except apples software is slot cleaner faster and less risky to bad cnt use any of it

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. aschrits

aschrits New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm pretty disappointed but then again I knew it would happen sometime. The features of the 4.0 OS are amazing. I have an original iPod Touch and was planning on upgrading when the new one comes out in the fall even before this update was announced. The anticipation is killing me but the upgrade from a 1st gen to a 4th gen will be a huge upgrade. I'm excited!
  8. Tanny

Tanny New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i think it's really make sense, if u were apple, will u release something that does work well on the old hardware?

Just like you try to install window VISTA to a 10 years old computer, it could work, but perform badly. i wouldn't want that to happened to my old ipod touch or iphone, so if u want to use new stuff u need to upgrade your hardware as well. New OS must always come with good hardware.
  9. Cubkyle

Cubkyle New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I can understand Apple wanting to leave out features like multitasking on the first gen devices, and don't mind it as long as they say that they found it just couldn't be done in any sort of way that allowed them to make a quality release of it for those devices.

But dropping support completely is more than a little disappointing. I expected it for this version and joked with a friend about it coming, but I'm still disappointed.

I don't really understand why the first gen can't get iBooks, the improved email, folders...

Perhaps Apple will be kind and give us a 3.3 release with some of those things. Sort of like the 1.5 release that came out when 2.0 was released.
  10. IamMartin

IamMartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I wouldn't be surprised if Apple has the multi-tasking feature available in the 2G 4.0 update. But knowing Apple, they probably locked the feature. Just like how when they blocked Google Street View on of the firmware updates for the 2G iPod touch.