Organizing artists

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Loby01, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Loby01

Loby01 New Member

I own a 2nd gen 16 GB iPod touch and have a problem with complilation artists. I have the DJ Hero soundtrack on my iPod and have set it as a compilation with the album artist as DJ Hero. The issue is that although the cover art only appears once in cover flow, each song has a different artist (example: Beastie Boys vs. Foo Fighters) that only applies to that song. Because of this, my artist search on my ipod is clogged with 70 different artists that only have one song. This really bugs me and I wondered if there was a way to reduce clutter so only the artist name "DJ Hero" appears on my artist search. I would prefer not to just change each song artist to DJ Hero because I like knowing who wrote each song without having it fill up half my artist search. Sorry for the long post and if I didn't make my self clear.
  2. sametkck

sametkck Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    select the songs in itunes
    Set same artist info
    and sync again
  3. theodore214

theodore214 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This might take a while:
    Select a song.
    Right-click, press "Get Info"
    Go to the "Info" tab, where it says "Name"
    Next to the name of the song, put who it was made by.
    ex.: "This is the song name (Foo Fighters)"
    Do the same for every other song.
    When finished with the song names:
    Select every song in the album.
    Right-click, press "Get Info"
    Go to the "Info" tab on the window that pops up.
    Where it says Artist, put DJ Hero, then check the little box next to it, and press OK.
    Now every song will have the artist's name next to it and it will be under the Artist "DJ Hero" on your iPod after syncing.