Organize Springboards

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ecbtln, Oct 12, 2007.

1. ecbtln

ecbtln New Member

anyone know how to organize the madness that is my springboard? It seems like every time I uninstall or install an application the ipod will randomly shuffle them just to throw me off.
  2. rebot

rebot New Member

you can edit /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N45APP.plist

and manually re-arrange the Apple apps only, which is sort of handy, but a lot of work

you have to change it from a binary to an xml using terminal command "plutil" then edit it in text, then convert back to binary and overwrite old file

i also tried adding additional things to the file that arn't in there, but are iphone native, like mail, etc. and those worked for me, and i also added some non-native 3rd party apps that reside in the /Applications/ folder and those work as well

we need a working rSBT!!
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Wrong.

First of all, it's not a lot of work. Mostly, it's just copy and paste. Secondly, and more importantly, you can manually place any icon you want. all you need to do is know the app's identifier.
  4. n3l619

n3l619 New Member

what do u mean by the app's identifier. please explain
  5. jason724

jason724 New Member

You don't need to convert it back to binary to overwrite the old file, just make sure you save it as N45APP.plist
  6. minority

minority New Member

it is the name associated with the file you can find any of the identifiers by going to the application folder the the app folder and open the info.plist file

the name is usually something like com.company.product
  7. ragingazn628

ragingazn628 Banned

how can I get to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N45APP.plist ??? I tried with WinSCP but it wasn't there!