Ordering an ipod touch Monday, few questions.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DeltaBurnt, Jul 11, 2009.

1. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok I am ordering a refurb 8GB 2g Ipod Touch from apple Monday. But I have a few questions:

1. I am going to Louisville Thursday, and I won't be back for a few days...the problem is I don't want it waiting at the doorstep and it to get "melted" by the sun or stolen. I know it says it ships in 1-2 days but how fast is the actual shipping?
    2. What firmware do you think this will come with? I hope it's 3.0...but seeing as how it's a refurb I'd doubt it. Does anyone know for sure?
    3. When the devteam says don't update to 3.1 on unlocked phones, I know that means iPhone users but would it affect any part of the jailbreak?
    4. Which jailbreak tool should I use to jailbreak 3.0? Redsn0w, ultrasn0w (I know it's for unlocking but IDK if it has jailbreak too), etc.?
    5. Pie?

Thanks in advance!
  2. whcodered

whcodered Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1) That depends, really. I would be more worried about it getting stolen at your doorstep than it being damaged from the heat.
    2) Not sure on refurbs, sorry.
    3) Nope, unlocking is only for iPhones as that lets them use other cell networks.
    4) Same as above, you only need to jailbreak, not unlock. redsn0w is what you will use for this (once you upgrade to 3.0 if it came with a 2.x firmware)
    5) Yes please and thank you!
  3. drkztan

drkztan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. Shipping is pretty damm fast. I got mine delivered in exactly 26hrs from the time i pressed the "check out" button on the apple store

Please Register or Log in to view images

i've never heard of problems like arriving too late

2. I'm almost positively sure apple updates the reburbs too, as they are hardware problem ipods that got sent in, but they never picked them up, so they fix them and sell them as refurb, so i think they upgrade the fw.
    3. unlocking is for iphones(its unlocking as in carrier unlocking)
    4. redsn0w http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/126908912/redsn0w-in-june
  4. roxanaroxi

roxanaroxi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. neivin93

neivin93 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1) The shipping is pretty fast....It delivers in about 2 days...
    There's a high chance of it getting stolen than getting damaged by heat as the iPod touch can withstand temperatures up to 45 degrees Celsius

2) The firmware you will get would be 2.2.1(5H11a) ... The 3.0 OS is an update .... Maybe after a few months apple might sell iPods with the 3.0 OS

3) Don't update to 3.1 because 3.1 is still a beta. Wait for the officaial update to come out. Or better yet wait for the jailbreak to come out

4) Use redsn0w. My advice would be to first upgrade to 3.0 . Then use the 3.0 jailbreak.
    Here is a link on how to do it :
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203161

5) I love Pie !! Apple Pie and Blueberry...Mmmmm

6. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks guys, and I know that unlocking is for phones but I didn't know if ultrasn0w included a jailbreak as well as an unlock.

And pumpkin pie's the best, you can't deny.