Order of songs in an album

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Fade2Black667, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Fade2Black667

Fade2Black667 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello everybody, i' m from greece (so sorry if my english is a little poor) and i am totally new to ipod and generally mac. Never had one before and i just got my new ipod touch 2nd gen a few days ago. There are however a few things i can't understand and i would really appreciate your help... I explain:

1) I synced my music albums from itunes (around 10 for start to see how itunes works) but i had a problem with one of them. Its songs were in order apart from one. Its fourth track was first in this album's list while all the others are ok, in the right turn, so when i get to listen to this album i listen to its fourth track at start and then all the others in the right order.The songs in the album folder in my pc are named with an index number in the front (and the track number is also correct in the song properties). What 's going on???

2) I have those 10 albums in my music library and i get their covers, by right kliking on the album then get info-->artwork and then picking the cover i have on my hard disk. Hoewever there is a problem again with a certain album. I press the ok button but the cover never appears. I have this problem with only one album, the other 9 are absolutely ok (not the same album with before, a different one). I tried many different covers and photos but nothing. Possible reasons?

3) My major question has to do with downloading apps and games from itunes. I registered to itunes by entering my data, credit card numbers ect everything required and i tried to download a game. Let's say the one with the bowling. I downloaded it on my pc and i can see the game in my itunes library-->applications but i can't get it to my ipod. How do i do that? After that i thought i might have to download it straight to my ipod. SO i connevted to the internet and pressed the itunes icon right down on my screen and entered several names in the search field e.g. games, bowling sudoku, and many others... But no matter what i tried i only got results for music. What do i have to do in the end to get games and apps to my ipod???? Please someday answer this at least!!!

4) Somebody told me that i have to "hack" my i pod (i don't know the english word for that but i guess it must be that "jailbreak" thing i saw in the forum, that's what he meant hack i guess). I am definetely gonna search that part of the forum for that but in short what are the benefits of doing that and how easy is it for an absolute amateur to do that? (there are so many threads i don't really know where to look first!!!)

I am really sorry if my questions look totally stupid to you but as i said before i am completely irrelevant with ipod technologies and i hope you could help me learn some things!!!

Thank you so much in advance!!! I will be eternally gretaful to anyone who can help, even with a part of my questions!!!!
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    First of all, you don't have to apologize, we all have to start somewhere.

For questions 1 and 2, I do not have an answer for those. You'd have to take that up with apple. It's not going to effect your iPod in no harmful way.

For question 3:
    1. Open iTunes.
    2. Have your iPod plugged in to your computer.
    3. On the left side where the tabs are for everything, click on "Your iPod's name here" iPod. (ex. John's iPod)
    4. On the top, there should be some taps. Open "Applications"
    5. Check the check box for "automatically sync"

You should now be fine with that.

For question 4, the benifit for jailbreaking your iPod is:
    1. You can add free applications that can be: games, system applications, and more.
    2. It helps everything on your iPod.

This can be very useful, and i highly recommend jailbreaking your iPod.

I hope I helped.
  3. Fade2Black667

Fade2Black667 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thank you so much for answering my friend! As far as my 3rd question is concerned i ve tried to sync the application to my ipod and also drag and drop them them to my ipod (because i prefer to manually manage my files) but none of these worked. As i figured out from this thread http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1273578#post1273578 the reason is not that i m doing something wrong but the fact that i don't have the latest firmware installed to my ipod. I think that's the reason....

so this comes to question 4... Does this jailbreaking thing have something to do with the firmware or is it irrelevant???

Thanx for answering!!!!
  4. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

For questions 1 and 2, have you tried deleting them from your iPod, checking they are correct on the computer, then re-adding them to the iPod?

Hope question 3 is answered by updating.

For question 4, it is very easy to jailbreak and iPod touch First Generation. Download and run the program named "QuickPwn", and follow all the instructions that appear.

To answer your extension to question 4, yes it does have to do with the firmware, as it does modify certain things so that it is not in the "jail" that Apple has put it in. It also adds certain things, such as Cydia, so that you can install themes and tweaks and other user-created applications. It is of questionable legality.
  5. Fade2Black667

Fade2Black667 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

I ve deleted and readded them at least 20 times without result... i ll try it again tomorrow though now that i have updated my firmware, so as to make sure that this is not the reason..

ooh yes question 3 is answered thanx to you

Please Register or Log in to view images

as for the jailbreak i ll sure do whatever you say!!! you were so good at explaining everythng for the formware i think you are my mentor in the ipod world now!!!