OrbLive Help

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by foppinanrockin, Jun 14, 2009.

1. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ok, so i want to get orblive to watch tv anywhere over wifi, but i need some help with the tv tuner part. First, can i still use an analog tuner after this DTV transition (I have Brighthouse, and they automatically provide you with digital tv through cable)? Also, I have a Scientific Atlanta cable box, and the orb site says you need an IR Blaster for it to be compatible. What the hell is an IR Blaster? Lastly, I am looking for a tuner for under 40 bucks that is compatible, can you recommend one?
  2. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  3. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I can't help you with the first question. My digital cable box goes into a tv tuner card in my computer, but I have no idea if it is an analog or digital tuner. It's pretty old and still working though.

The IR Blaster is a remote control. It allows you to change the channel on your cable box over the Internet. From my research, it seems the only brand that works with Orb and Scientific Atlanta boxes is USB UIRT (USBUIRT doc com). But it's been a while since I checked. Things may have changed.

I would research the Orb knowledge base to see what tuners and IR blasters they recommend.

It's not cheap. The USB UIRT blasters run $50 before shipping and handling.

HTH,
    D
  4. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ok thanks for the help. Unless i save up some more i'll just use the cable from the wall jack instead of the box lol