ORB Live TV SET UP HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mujahidin, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Mujahidin

Mujahidin New Member

first off if I have the wrong forum please just let me know and I apologize in advance if so.

ok

Can some please help me?!?!?! Please???????
    I have orb set up and all my media is streaming to my iphone no problem. My issue is with the TV tuner set up. I currently watch and record etc live television through my tuner card via Windows Media Center with absolutely no problem. I right click the Orb icon go to configuration and select "set up TV signal". It runs me through the questions such as what kind of cables to I use (i.e. RCA, Cable, S-Video etc.). I select my cable and then it tells me I have a Data Direct Grabber (which I have no idea what that is) and asks me if I woudl like to use this as my default grabber (I have been through this process both selecting yes and no with the same result). It then prompts me to enter a code corresponding with a time zone (i.e. -0400 or -0500 etc). I enter what i think is my Time Zone (-0400 Eastern Daylight. I live in Toronto Ontario Canada). It then says I need a free data direct registration required in advance and that I can acquire one from labs.zap2it.com and that i must specify a code that is giving me (which i woudl not like to give away as I feel it may be personal). It then asks me for a user name and a password which I'm assuming you get form the site posted in the last sentence. The only problem is I have no idea how to do so.
    After all this it then tells me Orb detects a TV tuner and says it must download necessary files for set up. It download the files and nothing happens. It also tells me to register for an account with Zap2it.com (which I have done) and then gives me some certificate code that I am going to have to provide somewhere down the road.
    Now rewind back to the step where it asks if I woudl like to use a Data Grabber. If I select no, it asks me my postal code and gives a list for TV provides. Naturally I select mine and from here on out the process is the same.
    I am completely clueless as to what I am supposed to do can somebody pleeeeease help me.
    Thank you in advance I hope this is enough info for you.
  2. spikey911

spikey911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What kind of tuner card are you using?

I have been through hell and back and finally got my tuner working so I may be able to help you..

I must say first that you should do a complete uninstall and re-install.

How are you getting your signal? Are you using an antenna or cable box or other?
  3. Mujahidin

Mujahidin New Member

Turns out all I had to do was wait a couple minutes for the channels to load on my iphone instead of just opening the app (orb) and rushing to see them before they loaded.

Thanks man