Orb Live TV Question

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by karl33, May 15, 2008.

1. karl33

karl33 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok here it is, I have downloaded Orblive to watch live TV on my Touch. I can get the music files and video files to play on my Touch from my computer but not my TV. I found out my TV tuner is not compatible with Orb. Can I get a usb tuner, hook it into my computer and cable, and get it to stream to my Touch? I'd rather not replace my video card in my computer, the one I have works well enough for me to watch TV on the computer and I'm not that confident to open it up. Also, I know about adding Internet channels to Orb but would like to watch my local channels. If this is possible, any suggestions on what to buy? I'd prefer something that's not too expensive. Thanks for any help.
  2. karl33

karl33 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hasn't anybody ever done this before? Please it would really be a help if anybody could give me a clue.
  3. karl33

karl33 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK, went out and bought the Hauppage WinTV-HVR-950 and installed it on my computer. Orb still didn't work. So I downloaded the windows media center fix from the Hauppage support page, this was mentioned as something that might work at orb's support forums (posted by someone named kingfah, in case anyone else wants to to this) and let it run. Rebooted. Orb still didn't work. Restarted orb and redid my channel selection. Let it run through all that and tried orb on my Ipod Touch once again. Voila! It works! At first, the only channels that came through were higher numbers but after a while they all did. Hope this helps anyone else with this problem.
  4. Cjb695

Cjb695 New Member

great to here you got it to work. do you think you could make a public account or just pm me the username and password. i tried to use my brothers tuner and it did not work and i do not want to buy a new one. i will give you a +rep if you do
  5. jdawg122

jdawg122 New Member

i encountered the same problem with it not working...I don't have windows media center tho? i have the 950 version. should i take it back or what!

If u can! can u plz PM ur account too..kinda frusterated i went out and bought this and its not compatible!
  6. karl33

karl33 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Quick update, it stopped working so I'm still trying to find a way back to working form. It works in spurts and need to figure out how to get it working with no problems.
  7. karl33

karl33 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Final update. I went out and purchased a Hauppauge WINTV-PVR USB2 and installed it on my computer. This usb tuner works like a charm. Thanks for all help.

Also, don't pm me asking for my username and password. I will not share my account with anyone. I already tried this with a so called friend and he ended up screwing me. And this was a one time friend, so I will not share with anyone. Sorry.
  8. TheDuke1122

TheDuke1122 New Member

how much was it?
  9. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if your original tv card doesn't work, try and find 3rd party WDM drivers for it. that's how I got my originally incompatible TV card to work with orb.

Please Register or Log in to view images